Corporate social responsibility (CSR) – seems like everyone’s doing it these days. Why? Because it’s a concept every modern business needs to be on board with. Not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because at the end of the day, it’s good business to do good business.
When organisations take a stand on important issues, they not only build trust and rapport with their employees, but with customers and potential buyers, too.
This idea of “purpose” is all-pervasive in today’s business milieu. Being able to authentically integrate purpose into your business is the lifeblood of a successful company, and here’s some data to prove it:
- 55 per cent of consumers are willing to pay more for a product from a socially responsible company
- 76 per cent of employees are happier working for a socially conscious company
- Socially responsible companies see a 75 per cent increase in investor interest and 134 per cent increase in stock market performance
- 64 per cent of people are belief-driven buyers: they will choose, switch, avoid, or boycott a brand based on its stance on societal issues
Really, the numbers speak for themselves.
Unfortunately, the recently released 2018 Global Human Capital Trends report by Deloitte revealed only 23 per cent of decision-makers in Australia said social responsibility is a top priority, while 53 per cent said it is not a focus.
Yet for a healthy bottom line and authentic customer engagement, positioning yourself as a socially conscious business is vital. Millennials, in particular, are drawn towards meaningful work. They respect companies who demonstrate a social conscience.
Research also shows being a company with a social conscience improves the happiness of your employees. Giving makes people happier, which makes your employees better workers with a greater sense of compassion and understanding toward others. Further to that, employees are more likely to stay with a company that not only challenges them but gives them a sense of fulfillment. In turn, this helps business growth and allows your employees to take pride in working for a company known for doing good.
Improving your bottom line and client trust
Being involved in social good positions your brand as socially responsible in the eyes of your consumers and employees. And one of the best and most effective ways to get involved is with peer-to-peer fundraising.
Peer-to-peer (p2p) fundraising involves your community reaching out to their peers (family, friends, colleagues, and acquaintances) to raise money on behalf of a cause, one either chosen by your business or themselves. It differentiates and strengthens your brand in the marketplace, while also connecting you with new donors, partners, and stakeholders to amplify your influence.
Take a stand and pave the way
So how can your company take a stand in a world that increasingly expects more from leaders? One of the most effective is aligning your business with a social good software and strategy company, such as Blackbaud Everydayhero.
Blackbaud Everydayhero is an innovative solution that helps your business make a difference while engaging your employees and customers to do the same. A digital “ecosystem of good”, Blackbaud Everydayhero is a peer-to-peer fundraising platform that provides your employees and customers an easy way to raise much-needed funds for hundreds of worthy causes.
How it works
The company connects corporates and their internal and external audiences by providing best-in-class software to achieve charitable or social responsibility goals.
Blackbaud can help your business become a leader in corporate social responsibility. Here are a few ways corporates can use Blackbaud to drive their brand awareness in the social good space:
- Get access to partnership opportunities with over 3,000 charities, schools, and nonprofits across Australia and New Zealand.
- Connect with millions of fundraisers, donors, and community members through large charity and wellbeing-focused events like Sydney’s City2Surf, Melbourne Marathon, Bridge to Brisbane, and Auckland Marathon.
- Create a fully-customised website encouraging your customers and fans to reach a fundraising or activity goal.
- Build a secure, centralised hub to highlight employees’ fundraising work within various markets.
- Work with specialist teams in data science, UX, and behavioural communications to get the best fundraising results possible.
Blackbaud is built on the belief that to build a better world, success comes from more than products. It requires the right people, processes, and technology.
This is why their solutions are tested and proven to give the best experience to users, with the highest speed, reliability, compliance, and conversion rates. Blackbaud acts as an extension to your team. They take care of the strategy, execution, and review of social good projects, so you can focus on operating your business.
Backed by global success, the high-profile Blackbaud corporate roster includes IRONMAN, Suncorp, Commonwealth Bank, Vodafone, and Lucozade Sport, among many others.
With a 100 per cent focus on social good and over 35 years of unparalleled expertise, Blackbaud remains the world’s leading cloud software company powering social good.