The Misfits Media Company, the official Cannes Lions Festival Representative in Australia, has today announced the shortlist of finalists for the 2019 Snapchat Young Lions competition.
A group of 60 industry judges across Australia have determined the finalists who will now go onto the second and final round of the competition where shortlisted finalists in the digital, media and marketing categories will receive a 24-hour brief, emulating the international competition format in Cannes.
The Misfits CEO David Hovenden said: “The judges faced some extremely tough decisions this year whittling down 195 entries to just 5 finalist teams in each category.
“I’d like to thank all of those who entered – the quality of entries is really a testament to the incredible young talent we are lucky enough to have working in the Australian communications industry.”
The shortlisted teams will compete in the second round of the local Young Lions competition on 8 May, in which they have just 24 hours to form their response before pitching to a panel of judges at Snapchat’s office in Sydney on 9 May.
The winners of this final round will be announced that evening, with the runners-up of each category going on to represent Australia at Spikes Asia in September and the winners representing Australia at the 66th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity from 17-21 June, 2019.
The Snapchat Young Lions Competition 2019 Finalists:
Digital (sponsored by Snapchat)
- Elaine Li & Jared Wicker, DDB Sydney
- Lisa Down & Sammy Hall, BMF
- Lucas Fowler & Jack Burton, Ogilvy
- Scott Pritchett & Rosie Double, BWM Dentsu
- William Halstead & Severine Flamand, McCann Sydney
Media (sponsored by The Trade Desk)
- Marco Del Castillo & Rebecca Drummond, Wavemaker
- Max Learmont & Vince Usher, IKON/BBDO
- Nelson Demartin & Jade Holmes, UM
- Sophie Liu & Elliott Eldridge, Blue 449
- Tim Hull & Cameron Robert, MediaCom
- Aaron Wall & Brandon Vu, Nestle Australia
- Cindy Tan & Shernese Chee, Commonwealth Bank
- Emily Zhao & Sagar Sheth, Commonwealth Bank
- Jill Harmon & Nathan Kwok, Commonwealth Bank
- Patricia Magat & Nathan Maroon, Stockland