Australian Radio Network (ARN) has announced that it has now added eight SBS Radio stations to iHeartRadio Australia, so listeners can now tune in to iHeartRadio to get all their news and entertainment from Australia’s multicultural broadcaster.
The addition of SBS Radio stations will give iHeartRadio Australia audiences access to the latest news, current affairs and music from across the globe broadcast in over 74 languages and dedicated music stations including SBS PopAsia, SBS PopDesi, SBS PopAraby and SBS Chill.
iHeartRadio Australia’s content director Brett “Nozz” Nossiter said: “iHeartRadio is all about giving listeners more of what they love and a big part of that is having diverse music and content to choose from. iHeartRadio already offers listeners a huge selection of Australian and international artists and the ability to truly customise their music and listening experience, so I am really pleased we have been able to include content and music from SBS, Australia’s multicultural broadcaster, adding even more depth to our offering.”
Head of iHeartRadio Australia Geraint Davies said: “It has been a huge year for iHeartRadio and as a multi-channel entertainment platform we continually look to expand our music and entertainment offering to our listeners. We have launched over 20 radio stations this year and have added new podcasts as well as running a number of iHeartRadio Australia Live events. Adding all the rich multicultural content produced by SBS Radio’s eight stations really caps off a great year.”
Mandi Wicks, director of SBS Radio said: “We are excited to be including SBS Radio’s unique and distinctive content in the iHeartRadio Australia app. With nearly 50% of Australians either born overseas, or having at least one parent born overseas, SBS Radio offers something for everyone with news and information in 74 languages and the hottest music from around the world.”
Now available on iHeartRadio Australia:
- SBS Radio 1, 2 and 3: All the latest Australian news and international current affairs in 74 languages.
- SBS Radio 4: Featuring SBS special events, BBC World Service programs and home to pop-up radio stations including SBS Eurovision Radio and the FIFA World Cup.
- SBS Chill: A relaxing collection of all the coolest and smoothest global tracks and remixes.
- SBS PopAsia: Australia’s leading Asian pop music station – featuring the hottest hits from across Asia including K-pop, J-pop, C-pop and more.
- SBS PopDesi: From Bhangra to Bollywood – it’s non-stop Desi pop hits 24/7!
- SBS PopAraby: The biggest hits in Arabic pop, from artists like: Amr Diab, Myriam Fares, Haifa Wehbe, Elissa, Ayman Zabeeb, Ehab Tawfik, Waleed Al Shami and more. Tune-in for the hottest Arabic pop hits.