Submissions are now open for the annual scholarship, which will be awarded to a student who demonstrates exceptional creative thinking.
The deadline for applications is the 31 January with the winner being announced on 7 February 2015.
All applicants must submit the following pieces of work:
- An exceptional piece of creative work (or documentation thereof). This can be a painting, sculpture, digital art, design project, multimedia project, performance, event, story, essay, article or blog.
- An essay of no less than 1,000 words explaining why you want to work in advertising and why you deserve the advertising scholarship.
- An original print advertisement (A4) to sell plain and simple drinking water. This must include a key visual, headline, body copy, product logo and call to action. The advertisement can be presented as a sketch or Photoshop mock-up.
- A written rationale to support your print advertisement. This should include a description of the concept and the target group that the product is to be sold to, as well as suggestions as to where the advertisement would be best placed (in which magazines or newspapers, or in which locations and markets).
- All documents should be compiled into one A4 PDF document with a minimum resolution of 150dpi.
Advertising scholarship rules:
- The winner will be judged by the Head of Advertising and the College Dean.
- The winner must be enrolled to commence studying as a full-time Macleay College student in Trimester 1 2015 and pass the first 8 units of the 12-unit Diploma of Advertising course (the normal academic progression) by the end of Trimester 2 2015.
- Applicants must attend an interview at Macleay College during the review process.
- The winner agrees to be involved in the promotion of Macleay College including but not limited to: articles, images, videos, Open Day, industry workshops and events.
Applicants can email their PDF document to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Advertising Scholarship Application’, or alternatively entries can be printed and mailed to: Head of Advertising at Macleay College, Level 2, 28 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
For more information on the submission criteria please click here.
Macleay College is hosting Open Days at its Sydney and Melbourne campuses on 17 January 2015 for those who wish to learn more about the college and the courses on offer:
Sydney Open Day: https://macleay.edu.au/campaign/sydney-open-day-17-january
Melbourne Open Day:https://macleay.edu.au/campaign/melbourne-open-day-17th-january
From Friday, December 4, Snapchatters and Bitmoji users will be able to pair with their own Bitmoji avatars with Levi’s casualwear apparel. The Levi’s x Bitmoji designs will also appear across a variety of experiences on Snapchat including Chat and games, on the Snap Map and in Lenses. All products will be available for purchase […]
John Chaplin (pictured), former Chief Product Officer of Hogarth Australia and Co-founder of award winning digital agency Fusion, has launched a new digital product design company, Diagram. Based in Sydney, Diagram are a collective of creators and makers who partner with individuals, agencies, startups, business and industry to design and build considered, elegant digital products. […]
After announcing the mega acquisition of workplace chat company Slack yesterday, tech giant Salesforce has made a raft of announcements as part of this year’s annual Dreamforce event, which has been held virtually. Headlining the announcements was news of Salesforce Hyperforce, which comes as a reimagination of the company’s platform architecture built to securely and […]