Submissions are now open for the annual scholarship, which will be awarded to a student who demonstrates exceptional creative thinking.
The deadline for applications is the 31 January with the winner being announced on 7 February 2015.
All applicants must submit the following pieces of work:
- An exceptional piece of creative work (or documentation thereof). This can be a painting, sculpture, digital art, design project, multimedia project, performance, event, story, essay, article or blog.
- An essay of no less than 1,000 words explaining why you want to work in advertising and why you deserve the advertising scholarship.
- An original print advertisement (A4) to sell plain and simple drinking water. This must include a key visual, headline, body copy, product logo and call to action. The advertisement can be presented as a sketch or Photoshop mock-up.
- A written rationale to support your print advertisement. This should include a description of the concept and the target group that the product is to be sold to, as well as suggestions as to where the advertisement would be best placed (in which magazines or newspapers, or in which locations and markets).
- All documents should be compiled into one A4 PDF document with a minimum resolution of 150dpi.
Advertising scholarship rules:
- The winner will be judged by the Head of Advertising and the College Dean.
- The winner must be enrolled to commence studying as a full-time Macleay College student in Trimester 1 2015 and pass the first 8 units of the 12-unit Diploma of Advertising course (the normal academic progression) by the end of Trimester 2 2015.
- Applicants must attend an interview at Macleay College during the review process.
- The winner agrees to be involved in the promotion of Macleay College including but not limited to: articles, images, videos, Open Day, industry workshops and events.
Applicants can email their PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Advertising Scholarship Application’, or alternatively entries can be printed and mailed to: Head of Advertising at Macleay College, Level 2, 28 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
For more information on the submission criteria please click here.
Macleay College is hosting Open Days at its Sydney and Melbourne campuses on 17 January 2015 for those who wish to learn more about the college and the courses on offer:
Sydney Open Day: https://macleay.edu.au/campaign/sydney-open-day-17-january
Melbourne Open Day:https://macleay.edu.au/campaign/melbourne-open-day-17th-january
Freedom Foods and 72andSunny Sydney have launched the first advertising campaign for Australia’s Own range of plant-based beverages. The campaign introduces a new visual world and identity for the brand and captures the healthy, positive feeling you get when spending time in nature and when consuming Australia’s Own certified-organic, plant-based beverages. As well as featuring […]
Nine creatives from APAC are among the 94 finalists from 27 countries in The One Club for Creativity’s prestigious Young Guns 19 competition, celebrating international creative professionals age 30 or younger. The finalists from APAC are: Hiu Ching Kung, graphic designer, Hong Kong Lam Ieong Kun, graphic designer, illustrator, indego design, Macau Raxenne Maniquiz, graphic designer, illustrator, Santa Maria (Philippines) Kiyotaka […]
OOH transit company Adflow has announced the success of the first phase of its regional expansion program. Adflow’s regional footprint has increased by 60 per cent to now include 65 regional locations. With 9.1 million people living regionally in Australia (growth of 1.1 per cent experienced in the 19/20 Financial year) and most regional centres […]
Freshworks, a leading software company, has started trading on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, marking an important milestone for the company. The company priced its IPO at US$36 per share (AU$49.76), raising about US$1 billion (AU$1.4B), resulting in a total market capitalisation of AU$13.7 billion (US$10B). Freshworks, which was founded in India, has strong roots […]
Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM) is the biggest player in the holiday shopping game and Google’s most recent research suggests consumer interest for the peak sales season starts much earlier than retailers may realise. The pandemic has fundamentally changed buyer behaviour over peak sales season, with Google suggesting that global consumer interest in Black Friday […]