There’s a mere three days left to vote for your favourite in the Women in Media People’s Choice award, and what looked to be a sure thing for one early contender has quickly proved anything but.
Sydney Festival’s Tina Walsberger shot out of the gates like Pharlap, but in a shock twist, has been overtaken – first by one and now by more.
Your current leader is still, from the Rising Star category, Nine Entertainment’s Anne Gruber. Following close behind, however, are Carat’s Natalie Kean, Nine Entertainment from the ‘Employer’ category, and Sydney Festival’s Tina Walsberger now in fourth spot.
You have until 5pm on this Friday, August 5, to get your votes in or send out blackmail to all your Facebook friends in order to scrounge together some final votes. The Women in Media forum may have sold out completely, but you can still nab awards tickets here.
Vote for People’s Choice here.
And now for your up-to-date top 10, as of 9.30am this morning.
- Anne Gruber – Nine Entertainment Company – Rising Star category
- Natalie Kean – Carat Australia – Media Agency category
- Nine Entertainment – Employer category
- Tina Walsberger – Sydney Festival – Marketing category
- Mollie Hill – The Monkeys – Strategy category
- Sharyn Smith – Social Soup – Marketing category
- Barbara Humphries – The Monkeys – Creative category
- Shivani Maharaj – Maxus Communications – Media category
- Venessa Hunt – GroupM – Technology category
- Susannah George – The Urban List Group – Digital category
Women in Media will be held on Friday August 19 at Randwick Racecourse in Sydney, where all your winners will be revealed. If you missed the Awards shortlist, check it out here.
Thanks as always to our fabulous sponsors as well!