The Media i Awards, recognising media sales excellence, were announced last night at a sold out awards ceremony at Sydney’s Ivy Ballroom.
Voted by peers, the Media i Awards acknowledge the important role media sales representatives play in the continual pursuit of media advertising excellence.
Introduced in 2011, the Media i Awards are the only awards dedicated to recognising the contribution of media owners.
This year more than 1760 agency professionals voted across three categories:
- National Sales Team of the Year;
- Sales Team of the Year by Market (NSW, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia & South Australia); and
- Sales Person of the Year by Category by Market (NSW, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia & South Australia)
Media i CEO Charles Parry-Okeden spoke at the ceremony of the importance of collaboration between media agencies and media partners.
“These awards not only recognise the professionalism and excellence of sales individuals and teams, but the success they achieved for clients in collaboration with media agencies,” he said.
“We are extremely proud of tonight’s event,” MD Chris Winterburn added. “The response from our finalists has been overwhelming reinforcing the significance of this initiative to sales teams and individuals across the country. We would like to congratulate all of tonight’s winners on their fantastic achievement.”
Run by Media i, the awards are proudly sponsored by the Media Federation of Australia (MFA), and supported by category sponsors; Carat, Initiative, IPG Mediabrands, Match, MEC, Posterscope, PHD, Starcom, The Media Store, UM, Vizeum.
This year’s awards were hotly contested with APN Outdoor the most awarded media company on the night receiving six awards followed by Mi9 with five awards, MCN and Bauer with four each.
APN Outdoor were presented with the National Sales Team of the Year award by MFA CEO Sophie Madden, and Peter Horgan Chairman of the Media Federation of Australia and CEO of OMD.
It should be noted that there was a significant change this year to the National Sales Team of the Year award. Finalists and the ultimate winner, were determined by the collective sales efforts from each sales team in their operating market rather than it being awarded to one of the state based sales team winners as per previous years.
2015 Individual Winners
Sales Representative of the Year Magazines:
- WA Vikki Stacy Bauer
- SA (The Late) Peter Murphy Pacific Magazines
- QLD Sarah Crosdale Bauer
- VIC Bethany Hickman Bauer
- NSW Melanie Giordano Bauer
Sales Representative of the Year Newspapers:
- WA Liz Molyneux Fairfax Media
- SA Deb Milne News Corp Australia
- QLD Tara Duncan News Community Media
- VIC Hamish McPhee News Corp Australia
- NSW Laura Mason Fairfax Media
Sales Representative of the Year Outdoor/Cinema:
- WA Phil Dada APN Outdoor
- SA Thea Petros APN Outdoor
- QLD Louise Nicholls JCDecaux
- VIC Brad Montgomery JCDecaux
- NSW Debbie Webb APN Outdoor
Sales Representative of the Year Radio:
- WA Clare Porter Southern Cross Austereo
- SA Libby Collison Nova Entertainment
- QLD Linda Smith Australian Radio Network
- VIC Ben McMillan Nova Entertainment
- NSW Rhys Mugdan Australian Radio Network
Sales Representative of the Year Television:
- WA Laura Condon MCN
- SA Linda Anastasiou MCN
- QLD Annabel McErlean SBS
- VIC Gina Walters MCN
- NSW Hayley Treasure Nine
Sales Representative of the Year Digital:
- WA Gemma White Mi9
- SA Troy Sokol Mi9
- QLD Jessica Ward Mi9
- VIC Michael Sparsi Exponential
- NSW Tina Andrew Mi9
2015 State Teams Winners List
- WA APN Outdoor
- SA MCN/TEN
- QLD Mi9
- VIC APN Outdoor
- NSW Nova Entertainment
2015 National Sales Team of the Year
- National APN Outdoor