Snap has partnered with Creative Equals to build a Snap Creative Council, bringing together the leading creatives in advertising based in Australia, with the mission of driving tangible and meaningful outcomes in the industry and among our community of Snapchatters.
Leveraging Snap’s core ad products to drive progress, the first of its kind partnership will encourage Creative Council members to use Snapchat tools to develop creative solutions to pressing societal issues in Australia. The Snapchat Generation is driving new behaviours and values that are changing the world today. This group of young people is the most informed, tolerant, active, and diverse group in history.
The Australian Snapchat Creative Council (SCC) features some of the brightest creative talent from the local creative community.
Snap global director of creative strategy Will Scougal said: “We believe that ideas that live on the small screen can have a big impact, and for Gen Z and millennials that screen is powered by Snapchat. The SCC will serve as a powerful forum made up of a diverse and inclusive community from the advertising industry, and is a commitment from Snap to use our reach to drive positive change.”
Creative Equals CEO Ali Hanan said: “Representation matters. We are proud to partner with Snapchat to bring together a diverse mix of creatives to work on these game-changing briefs. Lydia Amoah, our phenomenal Cross-Cultural and Learning Director will bring her wealth of experience as a business coach and independent researcher with her The Black Pound Report, working alongside three returner teams from our CreativeComeback programme 2019-20.”
The inaugural 2020 AU Snap Creative Council members include:
- Aden Hepburn, CEO at Akcelo
- Barbara Humphries, Creative Director at The Monkeys
- Brad Eldridge, Executive Creative Director at Isobar
- Ciaran Park, Executive Technology Director at R/GA
- Damian Asling, Copywriter at Clemenger BBDO
- Gavin Mcleod, Executive Creative Director at Ogilvy
- Helen James, Executive Creative Director at Che Proximity
- Mandie van der Merwe, Executive Creative Director at M&C Saatchi
- Nathan Moraza, Social Creative Lead at DDB
- Sarah McGregor, Creative Director at Cummins&Partners
- Scott Huebscher, Freelance Creative Director