Tinder is reminding singletons to look out for the ever-important green flags.
Young Aussies are feeling more confident to date now than ever. They are able to recognise what healthy dating looks like and know what positive signs to look out for when swiping.
According to a recent Tinder Australia survey*, the majority of singletons (85 per cent) say they look for singles who display healthy qualities when dating.
Meanwhile, 79 per cent of young Aussies believe they can confidently identify a green flag.
So Tinder asked young adult daters in Australia what green flags they look for while dating, and these were the top five:
- You feel comfortable being your true self around your date
- Your date respects your boundaries
- Your date makes it clear how they feel about you
- Your date validates your feelings
- Your date prioritises making time for you
Green flags also exist in the form of three of Tinder’s safety features:
- Photo Verification – to ensure members are who they say they are
- Block Contacts – to avoid any colleagues or exes
- Video Chat – designed to facilitate a pre-IRL date that puts comfort first
The results of the Tinder survey also showed that sense checking is an online dating must-do for young Aussies before meeting up IRL.
Nearly half of people surveyed check if they have any mutual friends on social media, while 46 per cent confirm if their date has a verified profile. Tinder members are also speaking with their dates via video chat (37 per cent) before meeting IRL or speaking over the phone (31 per cent).
Kirsty Dunn, Tinder AU spokesperson, said: “Green flags are the positive signs that could suggest you’re onto a winner.
“By focussing on green flags, you’re able to focus on the positive characteristics and attitudes that you believe will keep you happy, content and feeling valued throughout your relationship.
“Three of Tinder’s safety features can also help daters identify those sometimes overlooked green flags. Photo Verification, Block Contacts and Video Chat can all play a useful part when it comes to green flags.”
- Photo Verification – Once someone has created their Tinder profile – and added their photos during the sign-up process – they are encouraged to leverage Tinder’s Photo Verification feature. It helps confirm that they are the person in their profile by comparing profile photos with a series of posed photos taken in-app. Members who verify their profile get a blue tick and are more likely to get a LIKE, too, or a green flag too!
- Block Contacts – Block Contacts allows members to input which of their contacts they’d rather not see, or not be seen by, on Tinder in their settings. Whether those contacts are already on Tinder or decide to download it later using the same contact info, they won’t appear as a potential match. Whether members want to avoid a colleague or an ex, the feature gives them more control over their experience.
- Video Chat – Tinder’s video chat feature was built with control and comfort as its first priority. The in-app video calling feature allows members to meet digitally, verify their genuine match, and better assess whether the chemistry is there before an IRL date – all without giving out personal contact details.
Tinder’s long-standing commitment to safety started with the Swipe, ultimately requiring mutual interest to send a message. Over the past several years, the app has continued building best-in-class features in the Safety space. These features are part of Tinder’s wider trust and safety efforts, which include an updated Reporting process.
Please login with linkedin to commentTinder
Independent brand and digital agency, Archibald Williams (AW) has been appointed to lead the NBA account across the APAC region. The NBA is one of the most prestigious sporting leagues in the world and basketball is one of the fastest-growing sports in Australia. Effective immediately, AW said it was “excited” to work across all digital, […]
B&T's shining a light on industry folk prior to adland. Preference given to anyone purporting actual UFO abduction.
Leading digital outdoor company QMS has announced it is the first-ever inaugural partner for Most Contagious APAC, the landmark London event by creative and strategic intelligence company Contagious, which will be showcased in Australia on Tuesday, 12 December in Sydney and Wednesday, 13 December in Melbourne. Most Contagious is an event that delivers key advertising […]
Omnicom’s data and analytics division Annalect has partnered with Meta, giving it access to Advanced Analytics (AA) – one of Meta’s privacy-focused measurement solutions – to provide Omnicom’s clients with future-proof, next-level measurement. Omnicom is the first holding company to have access to AA. AA allows advertisers to combine their first-party data with Meta’s ads […]
WPP’s AKQA has launched Fixmas.gift, an environmentally conscious AI-powered DIY assistant, affectionately known as Fixie, for a one-stop solution for all things repair. Fixmas.gift hosts an array of guides and inspiration to empower people to prolong the lives of their belongings or purchase pre-owned items that need a little love and care. Fixie can: Help […]
Marc Collister (pictured) of P2 Content Creators spills the beans on his 2024 predictions drawing from two decades of experience in the advertising, film and television industry. I’m certain it will come as no surprise that in 2024, we can expect our industry to move at breakneck speed again. With even more rapid shifts in […]
Zeno Australia has announced expanded creative design capabilities and the appointment of Jim Michell (lead image) to its senior leadership team. The new moves support strong growth in the region. Zeno Australia’s clients, including Abano Healthcare, Motorola and Yorkshire Tea, can now tap into a suite of creative design services to augment the agency’s work […]
Assembled Media, is drawing upon the creative power of TikTok Creator Marketplace to help generate unique, impactful content for iconic stationery brand, BIC. The social activation campaign titled ‘A Pen for Every Side of You’ promotes the flexibility of BIC’s 4 Colours pen and is active nationwide on the BIC Stationery TikTok account. The campaign […]
Pinterest reckons jellyfish & moody cowboys will be big in 2024. Refused to be drawn on the return of shoulder pads.
IAB Australia has launched ‘Evolution in Market Mix Modelling’, the fourth module in its Marketing Measurement Innovation Series, which has been developed by IAB Australia’s Ad Effectiveness Council. The module explores what is driving the increased use of MMM and how the technique is evolving with advances in computing power and machine learning to provide […]
Scope3, the collaborative sustainability platform leading the decarbonisation of media and advertising, announced the addition of digital out-of-home (DOOH) to its emissions measurement. With DOOH ad spending predicted to grow from $17B in 2023 to nearly $24B by 2028, measuring this channel brings us one step closer to understanding the total impact of digital advertising […]
NRF 2024: Retail’s Big Show Asia Pacific, is now open for online registrations for the main conference. Jointly organized by the National Retail Federation and Comexposium, Retail’s Big Show Asia Pacific will take place from 11 – 13 June, 2024 at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre in Singapore and is expected to draw thousands […]