Teradata, the big data analytics and marketing applications company, has published the Teradata 2015 Global Data-Driven Marketing Survey, an international study into trends surrounding data-driven marketing adoption and enterprise business value.
The new study is a sequel to similar research Teradata Marketing Applications conducted in mid-2013, and reveals dramatic shifts since that time in how companies and marketers are deriving business value from data, integrated marketing platforms, and customer-centric data-driven marketing strategies.
Key findings of the Teradata 2015 Global Data-Driven Marketing Survey include:
Having individualised insight is increasingly important to marketers
- 90 percent of marketers say making marketing individualised is a priority. They want to move beyond segmentation to true one-to-one personalisation in a real-time context.
- Faster, more accurate decisions are key benefits of using data for nearly two-thirds of respondents.
- 38 percent say their biggest challenge is improving customer acquisition and retention. Marketers’ second-biggest challenge is proving support of corporate objectives (29 percent) and meeting regulatory compliance was third (26 percent)
Only integrated marketing platforms can deliver the individualised insights and omni-channel experience marketers want
- Marketers have more than doubled their use of data-driven marketing in the past 18 months. 78 percent of marketers now use data systematically, versus 36 percent in 2013.
- Data-driven marketing is viewed as the means to the end of gaining individualised insights, and integrated marketing platforms like the Teradata Integrated Marketing Cloud are in high demand.
- Marketers however still struggle with individualising offers and communication. Only 50 percent routinely apply data to engage consumers. 44 percent admit a lack of consistency in omni-channel marketing. And 80 percent say that silos within Marketing prevent them from knowing how campaigns are performing across different channels.
Bringing marketing and technology together is now a strategic priority
- 43 percent of marketers say they now control their company’s customer data (up from 34 percent in 2013). And a vast majority (83 percent) say they take an omni-channel approach to reaching customers.
- 84 percent agree that making marketing and IT into strategic partners is vital.
- 92 percent agree that integrating data across teams can improve customer service.
“It is clear from these survey results that the future of marketing is all about meeting the expectations of the individual consumer. Today, more than anything else, marketers want access to trustworthy, individualised insights based on credible data, so the expectations of every customer can be known, respected and met on a personal level,” said Simon Bowker, Area Director, Teradata Marketing Applications Australia.
“Today’s digital marketing platforms make this possible. We encourage marketers throughout the world to implement and improve their data-driven marketing strategies to create business value through individualised insights.”
Teradata’s research was conducted in late 2014 by Forbes Insights, which surveyed 1,506 marketers in enterprises around the world, across all industries. The report and infographic is available via the Teradata website .
Please login with linkedin to commentcustomer acquisition
Verizon Media’s talent program has come to an end for the third year, closing with a hybrid pitch-off event for Musicians Making A Difference (MMAD). The Verizon Media Academy class of 2021, made up of 44 emerging leaders from across Australia and New Zealand media, advertising and marketing industry, were given just one hour to […]
Social purpose organisation UnLtd’s Big Games competition has raised a combined $85,000 for children and young people at risk. Running over five weeks, the competition involved 32 teams from across the advertising, marketing and media industries battling it out virtually for a chance to qualify for the Rocket League final. The tournament culminated in a […]
Stan has announced that the Stan Original Film Transfusion commenced filming in Sydney earlier this week and will premiere on Stan in 2022. Transfusion is a taut, muscular thriller starring Sam Worthington (Avatar) as Ryan Logan, a former Special Forces operative, who is battling to cope with life after the loss of his wife and is thrust […]
According to a decade of data collected by iStock, Australian brands turned to imagery depicting outdated gender stereotypes during the pandemic. Tracking the keyword ‘women’, iStock by Getty Images found that in 2020, ANZ brands and businesses reverted to gender stereotypes. Images of mothers home-schooling were used at almost twice the rate of images of […]
Schwartz Media is congratulating Maddison Connaughton on her three years as editor of The Saturday Paper. Connaughton has decided to finish up her editorship this month. “It’s been an honour to edit the paper,” Connaughton said. “The Saturday Paper is one of the brightest voices in Australian media and I have been happy to see […]
Research from EdBbirdie using Spotify data has identified the most popular songs to study to. After analysing thousands of studying and homework playlists on Spotify, American singer Olivia Rodrigo’s ‘drivers license’ came out as top song to study to. It featured on 48 study playlists, while other top songs included ‘Ophelia’ by The Lumineers, ‘Falling’ […]
Dayna Stewart is the Business Director – Digital Marketing, Media & Creative Services at The Nudge Group. Here, she discusses the challenges that come with building a successful marketing team when working remotely. Before COVID-19 changed the way businesses work, most marketing teams spent their days together in a meeting room collaborating on the next […]
The line-up for the 2021 iHeartRadio Music Festival has been announced as the legendary event returns live in Las Vegas in September. This year, the epic two-day lineup for the iHeartRadio Music Festival main stage will feature performances by Billie Eilish, Cheap Trick, Coldplay, Dua Lipa, Florida Georgia Line, Journey, Khalid, Lil Baby, Maroon 5, Nelly, […]
Shop! ANZ is calling on shopper and retail marketing professionals from all retail related disciplines to participate in the first ANZ Shopper and Retail Marketing Industry Survey in four years. This important research provides a guide of where the retail marketing industry in Australia and New Zealand has come from and what is anticipated to […]