In what can only be musics to the ears of Myer shareholders, a new study has found that women actually do prefer shopping to having sex.
The results of the survey were unveiled yesterday in the UK’s Mail on Sunday’s women’s glossy insert magazine You.
Asked if they’d rather give up shopping or sex, 59 per cent of the 2000 women surveyed chose sex, with just 41 per cent saying they could do without retail therapy.
While 75 per cent said they’d rather take a holiday somewhere sunny over sex with their partners.
Other results of the study found:
- Women in their 40s and 50s said they were far more satisfied with their sex lives now than when they were in their 20s.
- Just six per cent of women who responded to the survey admitted they’d ever cheated on their partners.
- 86 per cent of the women surveyed also said they believed that their partners had been faithful during their relationship.
- In bad news for sales of Fifty Shades Of Grey, women weren’t turned on by wild fantasies or sexual experimentation, while porn was also a major turn-off for many women.
- 95 per cent said they would opt for true love over great sex.
- Women respondents in their 40s and 50s also valued honesty, conversation and trust as much as they did physical attraction in a relationship.
Twitter has just experienced its fastest growth in revenue since 2014, with the social media platform benefiting from increased interest from advertisers. Revenue was up 74 per cent YoY, according to the company’s Q2 results, reaching $US1.19 billion ($1.6 billion) from $US683.4 million ($925 million) 12 months ago. The strong results came in the same […]
Wild Turkey has announced the launch of its new global creative campaign and platform, ‘Trust Your Spirit’, featuring the brand’s creative director and spokesperson, Matthew McConaughey. The global campaign and platform ‘Trust Your Spirit’ is to encourage people to be bold, unapologetically themselves, and stay true to who they are. The global tagline and ethos […]
Telecommunications company Optus has announced it will launch the world’s first TikTok sign-language activated filter. Featuring Optus ambassador Ian Thorpe, Optus will unveil a branded effect that shows TikTok users how to say key phrases in Auslan sign language, including ‘How are you?’ and ‘It starts with Yes’, through the hashtag challenge #SignYes. Optus will […]
Podsights has revealed new insights into the effectiveness of advertising in podcasts, tracking global and Australian podcast advertising trends. This is the first Australian report to be published since ARN partnered with Podsights to set the standard for best-in-class podcast advertising measurement. The report includes additional analysis and follows a series of Measurement Masterclasses held for […]
NGEN’s 2021 charity cup has raised over $175,000 for UnLtd charity partner Gotcha4Life. Gotcha4Life is a not-for-profit foundation raising awareness and funding to provide educational workshops and innovative programs that build mental fitness in individuals and communities. While Sydney and Brisbane completed the Charity Cup in June, before Covid restrictions hit, the final leg in […]
Australian tech incubator Cicada Innovations and Biennale of Sydney are launching the ‘New & Sustainable Materials Challenge,’ in an effort to create a more sustainable future. The works of chosen material-makers will be showcased to millions of Biennale audiences, exhibition partners, and exhibition makers globally. The Challenge is open to any Australian and UK startups, […]