Spotify’s EQUAL commitment is dedicated to fostering equity for women in the audio industry and celebrating their contributions.
It will shine a spotlight on women artists and podcast creators locally, regionally and internationally, through partnerships, activations, new content experiences, and on and off platform support.
The full campaign includes:
- Celebrating women creators around the world, with the launch of EQUAL Hub, takeovers of flagship Spotify playlists and partner playlists. The EQUAL Hub is a dedicated space on-platform to highlight women creators and allow fans to seamlessly stream their music and podcasts. It will extend beyond the month of March and is programmed globally.
- Over 200 of our top Spotify playlists like Today’s Top Hits, Viva Latino and Modus Mio will feature women on all of their playlist covers to celebrate and amplify awareness on platform and ensure that even more fans have the opportunity to listen.
- Some of our non profit partners, including Girls Make Beats, She’s The Music, Sound Girls, GLAAD, Color of Change, Women in Music and Women’s Audio Mission will create unique Spotify playlists highlighting artists who are leading and shaping the future of music.
- Amplifying stories from women with WOMN, a new music + talk show with episodes released throughout the day on March 8. A diverse group of women creators, influencers and cultural figures will discuss women-centred content and share their personal reflections on music that inspired them. Encouraging others to listen to more women too. The dynamic voices include Tokimonsta, Jenny Lorenzo, Spotify’s Dope Labs hosts, Titi Shodiya and Zakiya Whately, Jazzmyne Robbins and more.
- Supporting women voices with our new invite-only EQUAL Board. Made up of 15 organisations from around the world, Spotify’s EQUAL Board will provide each organisation a one-time grant and work together on tangible ways to make the audio industry more equitable for women creators.
- Engaging fans by encouraging them to ‘Flex Their Power to Listen’ and to play more women, no matter the day. With data driven social videos, highlighting the breath of content on Spotify created by women. And also with social share cards, empowering fans to share their own personal recommendations of women creators.
- Extending our commitment to women creators beyond March. In April, we are launching the EQUAL music program, fostering equity for women, in 50 countries from Japan to Argentina and from Malaysia to the UK. We’ll also continue to build on the success of programs like Sound Up and EQL that provide new opportunities for women creators in audio.
Spotify is also celebrating the top-streamed women artists and podcast creators in Australia and globally.
In Australia and New Zealand, Taylor Swift is the most streamed woman, followed by Ariana Grande and Dua Lipa.
Call Her Daddy‘s Alex Cooper was the most streamed female podcast creator locally, followed by Australian True Crime, Shameless, The Health Code Daily and She’s on the Money.
Spotify also amplifies women artists with playlists like Women of Electronic, Women of K-Pop, Women of Rock and Galdem, as well as podcasts like Where Should We Begin with Esther Perel, Science Vs, and Supernatural with Ashley Flowers.
Please login with linkedin to commentSpotify
Today, Integral Ad Science (IAS), a global leader in digital ad verification, released its Media Quality Report (MQR) for H2 2020, providing transparency into the performance and quality of Australian digital media, alongside global comparisons. Integral Ad Science’s H2 2020 MQR highlights brand safety, ad fraud, and viewability trends across display, video, mobile web, and […]
Quintis Sandalwood has appointed Illuminate as its global PR partner following a competitive pitch process. Proudly Australian, Quintis produces and markets Indian Sandalwood oil, logs, chips and powder products across the world to major companies in industries such as fragrance, aromatherapy, cosmetics, handicrafts and Traditional Chinese Medicine industries. Illuminate will be responsible for a global communications […]
Hopefully the weekend has given everyone enough time to recover from B&T’s 30 Under 30 awards and prepare themselves for our official photo dump! We shared some of the highlights last week, and now you can peruse all of the pictures taken on the night. Thank you to everyone for attending this year’s awards, and […]
Kinderling Kids Radio (Kinderling) has announced the completion of its move from DAB+, where it launched six years ago, to a direct-to-consumer streaming model, accessible online or through the Kinderling Kids iOS and Android app. The Parent Brand, the parent company of Kinderling Kids and Babyology, made the decision to shift as streaming and on-demand […]
Most people over 60 stay on top of their health with regular check-ups. Whether it’s eyes, prostate or breasts, they realise at their age it’s important. But one that gets ignored is hearing. They’d rather live with gradual hearing loss, and continually ask what, huh, pardon or sorry until it seriously impacts their life and […]
Creative communications agency Connecting Plots has been appointed by Casella Family Brands to handle the social media accounts for [yellow tail] wine in Australia. The win follows an audit of the Casella Family Brands social activities, which led to [yellow tail] rethinking its approach to social media and how it aligns with its overall marketing […]
v2food, has appointed HERO’s B.B.E as the lead strategic and creative agency for the brand following a competitive pitch process. v2food is an Australian pioneering food technology business with a global vision to feed the planet sustainably. After launching nationally in 2019, v2food has been on a mission to offer Australians an easy alternative to meat […]
Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI), the largest independent sell-side advertising platform, today announced it has been working with Adform, the only independent global ad management platform covering all aspects of the digital campaign lifecycle, to scale first party identifiers in privacy-safe ways. With the pending elimination of third-party cookies, the industry must establish future-proof identity solutions for publishers and buyers.
The Commercial Producers Council is delighted to announce the appointment of Martin Box (pictured) as its new Co-Chair, effective immediately. Box, Head of Production at Airbag, joins Co-Chair Pip Smart, and fills the vacancy left by Lucas Jenner who steps aside from the Co-Chair role after four years of service, in accordance with the CPC’s […]