Artificial intelligence may have been the industry buzzword for the past 12 months or more, yet a new report has found a lot of marketers believe the platform has been overhyped and namely by the tech firms trying to sell the software.
The study was conducted by US marketing automation platform provider Resulticks and found many marketers aren’t buying into AI’s promises.
According to the report, AI headed the list of overhyped marketing concepts, followed by big data (31 per cent), omni-channel (23 per cent), real-time marketing (20 per cent) and personalisation (14 per cent).
Chief findings of the Resulticks study were:
- 69 per cent of marketers rate their vendor’s ability to help them execute on AI as poor to fair.
- 42 per cent of respondents have abandoned their AI plans already.
- 30 per cent said that AI was a buzzword and people who used it “were full of it”.
- A staggering one in five marketers believe that AI vendors don’t know what they’re talking about.
- 40 per cent said they were skeptical about AI’s abilities, while only 21 per cent said they were optimistic.
- 55 per cent believed it was martech vendors who overhyped AI’s ability, while a further 38 per cent said it was the work of journalists and bloggers. Only 18 per cent agreed AI software delivered on its promises.
The brainchild of co-founders Gina Williams-Folau (main photo) and Greer Bland, the talent agency Liquorice was born out of a desire to make things easier for brand managers. Liquorice offers social talent for brands wanting to hit the sweet spot with Kiwi audiences. Launching with a roster of big names on board including Millie Elder-Holmes, Athena […]
9000 Western Australians experiencing homelessness are about to face cold winter nights. To call for donations to the 2021 Winter Appeal, Anglicare WA has released a chilling video with renowned actor Liam Graham, best known for his starring roles in Greenfield and The Heights, experiencing mild hypothermia after spending one hour in a commercial freezer. […]
Blackmagic Design has shared how its products were used to shoot the latest commercial campaign for Chris Hemsworth’s fitness training app, Centr. The new campaign, which promotes the progressive 10 week workout plan ‘Power’ replicates the same protocols used to prepare the actor for his latest appearance in the upcoming Marvel franchise film, Thor: Love […]
Airtasker has chosen leading independent digital growth consultancy, Webprofits as a strategic partner to help them expand to new markets. Following a successful IPO in early 2021, Airtasker set its sights on the next strategic objective — expansion and growth in the UK market. After careful review, they partnered with the growth marketing specialists at […]
Cresta Awards has announced that despite having a few more weeks before entries close, this year’s Cresta Awards has surpassed its entries for the whole 2019 Season. Cresta sees this as evidence, not just of evolution in its own awards but of a wider measure of industry confidence and resilience in many markets. The awards […]