At its annual showcase event, Come Together 2019, News Corp Australia announced investment in podcasting with the launch of NewsCast.
NewsCast’s comprehensive portfolio of podcasts will be produced, marketed and distributed by high profile talent drawn from News Corp Australia’s diverse businesses.
The podcasts will be devoted to news, sport, travel, food, lifestyle, finance, the popular true crime genre, and more.
News Digital Networks Australia managing director Julian Delany said: “Australians’ appetite for news delivered in new formats is insatiable. We’ve particularly seen this in podcasts.
“Over the last year News Corp Australia’s extraordinary podcast The Teacher’s Pet has had more than 45 million downloads and is still growing”.
Delany added: “It was a number one podcast across the US, the UK, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.
“This early success in podcasting has exceeded our expectations and this year I’m pleased to announce we are accelerating our offering with the launch of NewsCast, a comprehensive and targeted approach to audio designed to build audience engagement.
“NewsCast launches with a remarkable portfolio of podcast series’ each with commercial partnership opportunities”.
NewsCast podcasts will include:
- Generation Dollar which will see Vogue Australia and The Australian join forces to guide women through their financial journey.
- The Australian will produce a series focusing on Australians’ obsession with property titled, On The Fence.
- News.com.au will deliver commuters their daily fix of the latest headlines and stories behind the stories with From the Newsroom; and True Crime Australia will feature a new true crime series, Police Tape.
- In food, Taste.com.au’s Eat Real Unwrapped podcast was a hit with both audience and clients when it launched in January this year, series two and three are already in planning.
- Coming soon is Chef Confidential a six-part series with the famously outspoken Colin Fassnidge and celebrity butcher Anthony Puharich, the popular delicious. columnists behind the Chef and the Butcher.
- Deathrow Degustation, revealing the all-time favourite dishes of top chefs as they contemplate what would be their last meal.
- Perfect Match, with drinks renegade and entertaining delicious. writer Mike Bennie who takes an unconventional view to matching food and drinks.
The Avid Collective MD reveals his life pre-adland. As exciting as it is, it's not international playboy spy & Lothario.
SenateSHJ has launched a new digital, data and insights capability designed to help clients tackle the growing complexity of communication challenges. SenateSHJ Digital, Data and Insights (DDI) will combine the firm’s existing Digital and Insights functions to create a Trans-Tasman capability focused on digital communication, and the generation and use of data to improve communication. […]
Creative technology platform Bonzai has announced the launch of BrandStory – a new premium mobile ad format. BrandStory offers triple the ad space and 2.8 times greater time in view than single scroll ad formats, addressing the surging demand from brands worldwide for more real estate to drive real results by seamlessly intertwining awareness, exploration […]
B&T went through the looking glass this morning, with editor-in-chief David Hovenden (above) appearing on Channel 7’s The Morning Show to get the general public involved in our search for Australia’s Greatest Ad. Hovenden chatted with Kylie Gillies and stand-in host Matt Doran about what makes a great ad and showcasing some of our favourites […]
Two Australian-born technology providers have joined forces to bring more power and choice to marketers in Australia and New Zealand with mobile messaging that is more local, cost-effective, and integrated. It’s a partnership that sees two Australian software companies come together to deliver a world-class mobile-first solution for marketers building data-driven, personalised, omnichannel campaigns. While […]
Zitcha and Broadsign have teamed up to integrate the Broadsign out-of-home (OOH) advertising platform with Zitcha’s retail media platform. The collaboration empowers retailers to maximise and monetise in-store digital display networks and enables advertising partners to easily view and book available in-store inventory and review campaign performance alongside the retailer’s other media channels. With the […]
Today, 7-Eleven has announced a one-of-a-kind collaboration with the popular Sydney-based anti-resort wear label Double Rainbouu. Dropping tomorrow, December 1, just in time for summer, this limited-edition capsule will infuse the fashion brand’s rebellious spirit with a distinctly iconic 7-Eleven flavour. The unisex collection features five must-have styles comprising two signature Hawaiian shirts, a peaked cap, a bucket hat […]