At its annual showcase event, Come Together 2019, News Corp Australia announced investment in podcasting with the launch of NewsCast.
NewsCast’s comprehensive portfolio of podcasts will be produced, marketed and distributed by high profile talent drawn from News Corp Australia’s diverse businesses.
The podcasts will be devoted to news, sport, travel, food, lifestyle, finance, the popular true crime genre, and more.
News Digital Networks Australia managing director Julian Delany said: “Australians’ appetite for news delivered in new formats is insatiable. We’ve particularly seen this in podcasts.
“Over the last year News Corp Australia’s extraordinary podcast The Teacher’s Pet has had more than 45 million downloads and is still growing”.
Delany added: “It was a number one podcast across the US, the UK, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.
“This early success in podcasting has exceeded our expectations and this year I’m pleased to announce we are accelerating our offering with the launch of NewsCast, a comprehensive and targeted approach to audio designed to build audience engagement.
“NewsCast launches with a remarkable portfolio of podcast series’ each with commercial partnership opportunities”.
NewsCast podcasts will include:
- Generation Dollar which will see Vogue Australia and The Australian join forces to guide women through their financial journey.
- The Australian will produce a series focusing on Australians’ obsession with property titled, On The Fence.
- News.com.au will deliver commuters their daily fix of the latest headlines and stories behind the stories with From the Newsroom; and True Crime Australia will feature a new true crime series, Police Tape.
- In food, Taste.com.au’s Eat Real Unwrapped podcast was a hit with both audience and clients when it launched in January this year, series two and three are already in planning.
- Coming soon is Chef Confidential a six-part series with the famously outspoken Colin Fassnidge and celebrity butcher Anthony Puharich, the popular delicious. columnists behind the Chef and the Butcher.
- Deathrow Degustation, revealing the all-time favourite dishes of top chefs as they contemplate what would be their last meal.
- Perfect Match, with drinks renegade and entertaining delicious. writer Mike Bennie who takes an unconventional view to matching food and drinks.
Across the world, rising costs are causing anxiety and financial struggles for consumers. The worldwide impact of inflation is affecting their outlook and behaviour. More than half of consumers globally are struggling financially because of inflation and the increasing price of fuel, housing and everyday goods. Russia’s war on Ukraine intensifies their concerns around supply-chain […]
Nielsen is releasing its global annual environmental, social and governance (ESG) report to share information in six key ESG topic areas including diversity, equity and inclusion, human capital, governance, data privacy and security, environment, and communities. The report is designed to demonstrate how Nielsen does what it does with responsibly and with integrity—and how that […]
One of Australia’s fastest growing fintech, The Lendi Group has appointed media agency Initiative with its media strategy, planning and buying services across its powerhouse property brands and networks Lendi and Aussie. Initiative was previously appointed by Aussie in February 2020, before the brand merged with Lendi becoming Lendi Group.
Taboola, a global leader in powering recommendations for the open web, helping people discover things they may like, today announced the results of an independent Multichannel Brand Impact study from Kantar, the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. eMarketer forecasts show digital ad spending in the U.S. will reach $270B in the U.S. by […]