At its annual showcase event, Come Together 2019, News Corp Australia announced investment in podcasting with the launch of NewsCast.
NewsCast’s comprehensive portfolio of podcasts will be produced, marketed and distributed by high profile talent drawn from News Corp Australia’s diverse businesses.
The podcasts will be devoted to news, sport, travel, food, lifestyle, finance, the popular true crime genre, and more.
News Digital Networks Australia managing director Julian Delany said: “Australians’ appetite for news delivered in new formats is insatiable. We’ve particularly seen this in podcasts.
“Over the last year News Corp Australia’s extraordinary podcast The Teacher’s Pet has had more than 45 million downloads and is still growing”.
Delany added: “It was a number one podcast across the US, the UK, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.
“This early success in podcasting has exceeded our expectations and this year I’m pleased to announce we are accelerating our offering with the launch of NewsCast, a comprehensive and targeted approach to audio designed to build audience engagement.
“NewsCast launches with a remarkable portfolio of podcast series’ each with commercial partnership opportunities”.
NewsCast podcasts will include:
- Generation Dollar which will see Vogue Australia and The Australian join forces to guide women through their financial journey.
- The Australian will produce a series focusing on Australians’ obsession with property titled, On The Fence.
- News.com.au will deliver commuters their daily fix of the latest headlines and stories behind the stories with From the Newsroom; and True Crime Australia will feature a new true crime series, Police Tape.
- In food, Taste.com.au’s Eat Real Unwrapped podcast was a hit with both audience and clients when it launched in January this year, series two and three are already in planning.
- Coming soon is Chef Confidential a six-part series with the famously outspoken Colin Fassnidge and celebrity butcher Anthony Puharich, the popular delicious. columnists behind the Chef and the Butcher.
- Deathrow Degustation, revealing the all-time favourite dishes of top chefs as they contemplate what would be their last meal.
- Perfect Match, with drinks renegade and entertaining delicious. writer Mike Bennie who takes an unconventional view to matching food and drinks.