Flybuys has announced the launch of its new data division, Unpacked by Flybuys.
Previously known as Flybuys Digital Audiences, the division, spearheaded by Flybuys’ Chief Product Officer Harley Giles, partners with marketers to arm them with data, insights and measurement into their audiences to enable unrivalled ROI on their marketing spend.
Giles said of the launch, “We have established Unpacked by Flybuys out of FMCG marketers’ need to have better access to tangible data and transparent results, to get their media spend working harder. Our team is determined to help brands see the impact of their marketing at every step, using Flybuys’ first-party data.”
The name Unpacked by Flybuys comes from the division’s ability to help agencies and brands unpack their marketing objectives and media spend to achieve better results, based on insights derived from the shopping baskets of 8.6 million active Flybuys members.
Flybuys’ chief executive John Merakovsky sees the launch as an opportunity to help the brands that Flybuys members purchase from every day, optimise their marketing activity.
“We’ve been continuously investing in our platform, products and people, so the launch of the Unpacked division is a natural next step for Flybuys as we seek to offer the very best in first-party data insights, marketing activation and measurement to Australian brands,” said Merakovsky.
Following significant investment in its data division with the appointment of Sales Director Alex Hunt and several new hires across technology, product, partnerships and marketing, Unpacked by Flybuys has expanded its offering for media agencies and marketing managers. Its capability now offers customer insights, and measurement of both Flybuys-activated and externally run digital advertising campaigns. It has recently partnered with some of Australia’s leading businesses to enhance the access marketers have to first-party data, including:
- Launching in October 2020 will be Nine – Australia’s largest locally owned media company. This upcoming new partnership will allow advertisers the ability to access Flybuys data across all of its digital assets including 9Now, The Age, The Sydney Morning Herald and Nine.com.au.
- News Corp Australia to enable Flybuys data solutions across News Corp’s digital marketing platform, News Connect. The partnership allows the Flybuys audience segments to be accessed across the News Connect platform, allowing clients to seamlessly plan, book and measure digital campaigns based on News Corp’s audience reach of 12 million Australians. The partnership also extends to Flybuys’ FMCG measurement solutions.
- TEG Analytics, the analytics division of leading live entertainment business TEG, owner of Ticketek. The partnership allows FMCG brands to accurately measure the sales uplift they get from sponsoring and advertising within live sport and entertainment for the first time, using Flybuys’ Insights, Activation and Reporting Solutions.
- Through TEG Analytics, Seven West Media will activate segments, measure outcomes, as well as integrate Flybuys data into the broadcaster’s 7REDiQ customer data platform for audience insights and analysis.
- Industry-leading measurement provider Nielsen, to develop a range of media measurement solutions. By bringing together Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings (DAR) and Flybuys’ first-party data, the partnership enables agencies to add additional audience profiling, conversion and sales lift metrics insights beyond age and gender.
“Unpacked by Flybuys offers media performance visibility all the way through to sales uplift, and the ability to test and learn for the strongest ROI,” continued Giles. “There is no room for wasted media in today’s economic climate, so we use a mix of thousands of transactional and life stage segments straight from shopping carts across the country to help our clients respond to their business problems and briefs.”
Please login with linkedin to commentflybuys
Twitter has just experienced its fastest growth in revenue since 2014, with the social media platform benefiting from increased interest from advertisers. Revenue was up 74 per cent YoY, according to the company’s Q2 results, reaching $US1.19 billion ($1.6 billion) from $US683.4 million ($925 million) 12 months ago. The strong results came in the same […]
Wild Turkey has announced the launch of its new global creative campaign and platform, ‘Trust Your Spirit’, featuring the brand’s creative director and spokesperson, Matthew McConaughey. The global campaign and platform ‘Trust Your Spirit’ is to encourage people to be bold, unapologetically themselves, and stay true to who they are. The global tagline and ethos […]
Telecommunications company Optus has announced it will launch the world’s first TikTok sign-language activated filter. Featuring Optus ambassador Ian Thorpe, Optus will unveil a branded effect that shows TikTok users how to say key phrases in Auslan sign language, including ‘How are you?’ and ‘It starts with Yes’, through the hashtag challenge #SignYes. Optus will […]
Podsights has revealed new insights into the effectiveness of advertising in podcasts, tracking global and Australian podcast advertising trends. This is the first Australian report to be published since ARN partnered with Podsights to set the standard for best-in-class podcast advertising measurement. The report includes additional analysis and follows a series of Measurement Masterclasses held for […]
NGEN’s 2021 charity cup has raised over $175,000 for UnLtd charity partner Gotcha4Life. Gotcha4Life is a not-for-profit foundation raising awareness and funding to provide educational workshops and innovative programs that build mental fitness in individuals and communities. While Sydney and Brisbane completed the Charity Cup in June, before Covid restrictions hit, the final leg in […]
Australian tech incubator Cicada Innovations and Biennale of Sydney are launching the ‘New & Sustainable Materials Challenge,’ in an effort to create a more sustainable future. The works of chosen material-makers will be showcased to millions of Biennale audiences, exhibition partners, and exhibition makers globally. The Challenge is open to any Australian and UK startups, […]