Following Australia’s clean up at the 2017 Cannes Lions Festival (Australia took home a total of 113 Lions last year), all eyes are now on the 2018 Awards and our performance this year.
The Cannes festival of creativity, held in the south of France, anticipates over 16,000 attendees this year spread from 4,700 companies across the world.
And the first awards shortlists for the 2018 Cannes Lions Awards has been announced for the Health & Wellness and Pharma categories.
Vote on the work you think will win big at Cannes in B&T’s awards poll.
CHE Proximity Melbourne was the only Australian agency to feature in the Pharma Lions finalist list with their campaign for Cochlear: The Hearing Test in Disguise.
The campaign was recognised under the following categories:
- Film Craft: Use of Music / Sound Design
- Branded Content & Entertainment: Digital & Social
- Branded Content & Entertainment: Film, TV and Online Film Content
- Digital: Platforms
The Pharma Lions celebrate creative communications from pharmaceutical clients and services surrounding this highly-regulated industry. There were 376 entries in this category, down from 590 last year.
Within the Health & Wellness category, five Aussie agencies made the cut:
- McCann Health Sydney, Gutsy (Client: P&G, Production: Truce Films) – shortlisted for Film Craft: Script
- BWM Dentsu Sydney, Project Revoice (Client: The ALS Association, Production: Finch Sydney) – shortlisted for Use of Technology and PR
- Y&R Melbourne, Sip Safe (Client: Monash University) – shortlisted for Product Innovation, Brand Experience & Activation, Direct
- Deloitte Australia Melbourne, Lucy (Client: Prince of Wales Hospital, Production: Deloitte Australia) – shortlisted for Digital Craft: User Experience (UX)
- Ogilvy Australia Melbourne, AAMI SmartPlates (Client: Suncorp, Production: Ogilvy Australia) – shortlisted for Use of Technology and Digital: Platforms
The Health & Wellness Lions celebrate creativity for personal wellbeing. This year the Health & Wellness Lions received 1,482 entries, down from 2,245 entries submitted last year.