Digital is everywhere but what does digital marketing actually entail? Direct Marketing News' senior editor Natasha Smith shares 15 facts every marketer needs to know.
In 2014 digital is at the heart of everything for brand marketers and their campaigns — from email and social to webcasts and mobile.
This digital marketing age, no doubt, underscores the importance of omni-channel messaging in a time when consumers expect marketers to be always on.
Of course, marketers can meet and then exceed those expectations with the right digital know-how.
Here are 15 trends, tips, and stats that every modern marketer should know to create seamless, successful marketing campaigns in the digital age.
1. Blogs are 63% more likely to influence purchase decisions than magazines. (Optimind Technology)
2. Emails with no subject line were opened 8% more than those with a subject line. The reason: An email without a subject line shows more email preview text. (Signals)
3. Forty-seven percent of Americans say Facebook is the number one influencer of their purchases. (Social Media Today)
4. Seventy percent of marketers used Facebook to gain new customers. (HubSpot)
5. Seventy-seven percent of buyers are more likely to buy from a company if its CEO uses social media. (War of Words: Myth-Busting Social Media, SEO & Content Marketing).
Read the full 15 here.
In this guest post, Hulsbosch’s creative director Marcel Wijnen, casts his design eye over what truly makes a brand and says it’s all about being true and essential… To do simple – and to be original – is a truly tough task. Not impossible, but not easy. Naturally, we can get lost in ‘striving for simplicity’ […]
Seven Victorian charities are uniting for a month-long virtual fundraising challenge - Power Up 2021 - between 28th February and 28th March. There’s no denying that 2020 affected everyone, but small charities experienced a huge drop in much needed donations and it is hoped the Power Up campaign will bring fundraising back to life.
South Australia’s largest independent supermarket chain, Foodland – with its unforgettable jingle “Foodland, the mighty South Aussies, yeah” – will launch a new campaign on 7th March. The campaign coincides with the chain’s $251m expansion program to open twenty-five new stores, revamp fourty-seven and create 2,500 new jobs over the next five years. Agency KWP! […]
A-listers turned out to Klarna's Sydney party last night. It did move significantly down the alphabet on B&T's arrival.
On Thursday, Quantcast held their Virtual NOVA event, discussing the current state of the advertising industry, the end of third-party cookies, the open internet vs walled gardens, and data privacy and consent. The event coincided with the launch of their new Quantcast Platform. It is an intelligent audience platform powered by the company’s patented AI […]