News.com.au’s general manager Julian Delany today announced that it will be a launch media partner for Snapchat Discover in Australia. From today consumers will be able to access a selection of news.com.au content on Snapchat.
Reaching an estimated 100 million-plus monthly active users on mobile Snapchat is reportedly one of the most popular social apps among 18-34 year olds. Snapchat launched the Discover feature in January this year allowing Snapchatters a new way to explore stories from different editorial perspectives.
Julian Delany said: “We’re delighted to partner with Snapchat and allow consumers a new way to access what news.com.au does best, tell and share stories. Snapchat is a very visual platform so news.com.au’s Discover content will be presented in this way in the brand and style of content that our consumers see every day.
“News.com.au has the largest mobile audience of all news sites in this country and our growth has outpaced the mobile market over the last year. Snapchat’s popularity among young mobile consumers provides an opportunity to showcase news.com.au content to an additional group beyond our existing audience.”
Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel said: “We’re really excited and thankful to be working with the news.com.au team and look forward to watching their stories on Discover.”
News.com.au on Discover:
• A fun new way to explore news.com.au content. Swipe left from the Stories page to find Discover
• Tap on the news.com.au channel and swipe left to flip through the daily edition which will include 5-10 stories hand-curated by the news.com.au editorial team
• Each story is headlined by a top Snap. Swipe up for the long form piece of content
• When an edition is completed, the channel colours invert. When a new news.com.au daily edition is available, the logo returns to full colour
• On Discover, news.com.au will have a full-screen, creative canvas for storytelling