Professional social media network LinkedIn has announced the 2015 Power Profiles in Australia. The list reveals the most viewed member profiles of CEOs and leaders across industries such as Technology, Financial Services, Internet, Human Resources and a separate CEO list.
This year, LinkedIn Power Profiles include CEOs and leaders from some of Australia’s most recognisable brands alongside successful startups.
Cliff Rosenberg, managing director, Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia for LinkedIn said, “Investing in developing one’s professional brand is now vital for business success. Besides garnering the highest profile views on LinkedIn, what’s common among these Power Profiles is they are adding value to the community and want to influence change by voicing their opinions on topics that they are passionate about.”
The most viewed marketing and advertising professionals in Australia include:
- Andy Lark, CMO, Xero
- Karen Ganschow, General Manager, Customer Relationship Marketing & Digital at Westpac
- Jaimes Leggett, CEO, M&C Saatchi Group
- Jon Holloway, VP Managing Director, R/GA Australia
- Amanda Rose, Founder, The Business Woman Media & Western Sydney Women
The complete list of LinkedIn Power Profiles in Australia is available here.
Jon Holloway, VP managing director, R/GA Australia shares his views about the importance of sharing your opinion online to build your professional brand in this video
James O’Reilly, co-founder and financial adviser at Verse Wealth shares his tips on how he invests his time in developing his network and building his professional brand in this video.
The most viewed CEOs are:
- Andrew Penn, CEO, Telstra
- Naomi Simson, Founding Director, RedBalloon
- Ruslan Kogan, Founder & CEO, Kogan
- Matt Barrie, CEO, Freelancer.com
- Craig McDonald, CEO, MailGuard
- Leon Heydenrych, CEO and Founder, Smart Glue
- Richard Webb, CEO and Founder, Start Mesh
- Robert Rowe, Managing Director, TU Projects
Below are three tips on how you could be a Power Profile:
- Actively manage your identity: Make sure your LinkedIn profile is up-to-date and don’t forget a profile photo! Adding a professional photo makes you 14 times more likely to be found on LinkedIn.
- Share your work: Whether via photos, videos or SlideShare presentations, share examples of your work on your profile to help showcase your skills.
- Nurture your network: Our Power Profiles also give back to the community in various ways. Some actively publish on LinkedIn, others share compelling articles, focus on skilled volunteer work, or invest time in mentoring students. Find your passion and go for it.