Programmatic marketing company MediaMath has announced the launch of a new product that unites advertisers’ need to gain access to their best customers and prospects at scale with the requirement that those audiences are reached in premium, high-quality media.
Curated Market offers to core components, the first being cross device-audience reach.
MediaMath clients rely on its Data Management Platform to manage their marketing messages to customers and prospects across channels and devices.
Curated Market will make those audiences available in real time to participating publishers, exchanges and SSPs. Those publishers have prioritised Curated Market demand and are able to immediately recognise and target those users.
The second component is high-quality, brand-safe and premium media.
Curated Market employs a stringent set of brand safety standards and protocols:
- Focus on large-scale, high-quality publishers based on ComScore.
- Privileged access to high-priority inventory in the publisher ad server.
- Transparent, validated URLs only.
- Most direct technical execution path to validated URLs.
- A universal block list of restricted content.
- Exclusion of most user-generated content, specifically in environments or on publishers that do not support content monitoring, verification and blocking.
- Integrations with leading third-party verification platforms, including Integral Ad Science, DoubleVerify and Peer39, to provide brand safety filters
- Proprietary suspicious traffic filter inside MediaMath’s platform.
- Exclusion of sites or content promoting illegal activity, hateful or distasteful rhetoric.
To help ensure MediaMath stands by the brand safety promise, MediaMath clients using Curated Market will not pay for media if it does not meet the agreed upon criteria at the publisher level.
Specifically, if advertisers find their ads are run on previously determined unsafe inventory, they will be credited with a refund for those impressions by MediaMath.
Joe Zawadzki, chairman and CEO of MediaMath, said: “Digital advertising has long promised the ability to change how marketers interact with their customers, but the ubiquity of channels and content means marketers need to be more selective.
“The Curated Market offering provides transparency and hygiene in execution and reporting, audience addressability at scale, and accountability for actors in the digital ecosystem across all channels. It will change the way marketers think about buying ads.”
More than 7,000 advertisers (70 per cent of MediaMath’s client base) and 500 publishers are participating in the Curated Market at present.