Southern Cross Austereo has strengthened its position in the Australian radio landscape, with a 97% year-on-year increase in average daily online audience in Nielsen’s Online Ratings – Market Intelligence for August 2014.
As the number one commercial radio group online in Australia, SCA now engages with a digital daily audience triple that of its closest competitor.
This annual growth in daily traffic has also positioned SCA, for the first time ever, as the 14th biggest ‘tagged’ digital publisher in Australia, up from 19th this time last year, and now ahead of some of the country’s most well-established digital-only publishers.
SCA has also reinforced its lead as Australia’s most mobile-optimised digital publisher, now attracting for the first time, over 76% of its daily traffic on mobile devices.
Southern Cross Austereo director of digital and innovation Clive Dickens said: “The dominant Today and Triple M digital brands have once again exceeded our growth estimates with a strategic focus on social, smartphones, showbiz and sport. Our amazing teams are working on new products and launches which will collectively contribute to even further growth over the coming months.”
Key Digital Highlights:
- SCA Network average daily online traffic increased 97% year-on-year – ranking as the 14th biggest ‘tagged’ publisher for the first time ever and up from 19th this time last year.
- SCA is the #1 online commercial radio group in Australia with huge scale, engaging with an online audience triple that of its closest competitor in terms of average daily unique browsers – an impressive gap that has widened by 61% in August alone!
- SCA Network is the 7th biggest daily ‘tagged’ digital publisher on mobile in Australia, up from 13th this time last year.
- 2Day FM is the #1 radio station online with 63,554 Australian average daily unique browsers – double its daily traffic of this time last year.
- The Today Network and the Triple M Network are the #1 and #2 online multi-category entertainment brands on mobile (excl. tablets).
- SCA is Australia’s most mobile-optimised online publisher, attracting – for the first time ever – over 76% of its daily traffic on mobile devices alone (excl. tablets).
Canteen’s latest campaign features the combined talents of Director Luna Laure and creative agency Crater. The campaign strives to raise awareness for young people affected by cancer. The awareness campaign centres around Harry Barentson, who at 12 years of age found out his pregnant mum had cancer. While his mother fortunately survived, he lost his […]
In partnership with storytelling agency Enthral, AFL star Kevin Sheedy has voiced a video ‘Love Letter to Victoria’ using visuals to showcase the state’s natural beauty and culture. Victoria has been hit with the worst of the coronavirus pandemic compared with any other Aussie state experiencing four lockdowns. Sheedy has partnered with Ethral to share […]
Telstra’s lower-cost telco, Belong, has awarded its strategy and creative account to Howatson + White, and has reappointed OMD to its media buying account, after a competitive pitch process. Howatson + White will handle strategy, planning, creative and CRM, while former agency Clemenger will continue to have a relationship with Belong, managing PR and retail activation. […]
Coca-Cola Australia has rolled out its new campaign ‘Turn Up Your Break’. The campaign will be led by a TVC that encourages people to truly pause with a Coke on their break so they can walk away feeling refreshed and uplifted. The TVC features two busy chefs stepping outside for a break, the bustling kitchen […]
Nova 919’s Ben & Liam breakfast show announced that they’ll be throwing their support behind and raising awareness for a cause very close to their hearts, mental health. On Monday 21 June Ben Harvey and Liam Stapleton will be locked in a purpose-built glass structure, in the middle of Rundle Mall, for an entire week […]
TRENDii has announced TRENDii Ads, a new contextual advertising solution that leverages content and context to promote eCommerce products at scale around the world. TRENDii Ads is user privacy friendly and offers a new way for businesses and brands to target consumers at the moment that they are most inspired to shop. “We believe good […]
ARN and The New York Times have reached an agreement for ARN to become the advertising sales representative for The New York Times’s podcast portfolio in Australia. The deal will enable Australian brands to connect with Australian listeners to The New York Times’s most popular podcasts, such as The Daily, Serial and This American Life, […]
Verizon Media’s talent program has come to an end for the third year, closing with a hybrid pitch-off event for Musicians Making A Difference (MMAD). The Verizon Media Academy class of 2021, made up of 44 emerging leaders from across Australia and New Zealand media, advertising and marketing industry, were given just one hour to […]