Southern Cross Austereo has strengthened its position in the Australian radio landscape, with a 97% year-on-year increase in average daily online audience in Nielsen’s Online Ratings – Market Intelligence for August 2014.
As the number one commercial radio group online in Australia, SCA now engages with a digital daily audience triple that of its closest competitor.
This annual growth in daily traffic has also positioned SCA, for the first time ever, as the 14th biggest ‘tagged’ digital publisher in Australia, up from 19th this time last year, and now ahead of some of the country’s most well-established digital-only publishers.
SCA has also reinforced its lead as Australia’s most mobile-optimised digital publisher, now attracting for the first time, over 76% of its daily traffic on mobile devices.
Southern Cross Austereo director of digital and innovation Clive Dickens said: “The dominant Today and Triple M digital brands have once again exceeded our growth estimates with a strategic focus on social, smartphones, showbiz and sport. Our amazing teams are working on new products and launches which will collectively contribute to even further growth over the coming months.”
Key Digital Highlights:
- SCA Network average daily online traffic increased 97% year-on-year – ranking as the 14th biggest ‘tagged’ publisher for the first time ever and up from 19th this time last year.
- SCA is the #1 online commercial radio group in Australia with huge scale, engaging with an online audience triple that of its closest competitor in terms of average daily unique browsers – an impressive gap that has widened by 61% in August alone!
- SCA Network is the 7th biggest daily ‘tagged’ digital publisher on mobile in Australia, up from 13th this time last year.
- 2Day FM is the #1 radio station online with 63,554 Australian average daily unique browsers – double its daily traffic of this time last year.
- The Today Network and the Triple M Network are the #1 and #2 online multi-category entertainment brands on mobile (excl. tablets).
- SCA is Australia’s most mobile-optimised online publisher, attracting – for the first time ever – over 76% of its daily traffic on mobile devices alone (excl. tablets).
Twitter is saying ‘bye to the reply guys’, allowing users to control who can reply to their Tweets. ‘Reply guys’ have long been an issue on the social media app, where users (often anonymous) frequently comment on posts in an annoying, condescending or otherwise unsolicited manner. Twitter first put these users on notice in May […]
The Virtual Conference Network, an Australian-founded disruptive alternative to video conferencing, has today launched to provide risk mitigation, improved flexibility, new post-event revenue streams, and optimal cost-effectiveness to conference organisers, business leaders and peak bodies. With over 20 years of first-hand experience with the high-risk and costly ways of delivering traditional conferences, co-founders Alex Paine […]
Medallia has appointed Heather Paterson as its new ANZ country manager to drive further growth across Australia and New Zealand. With a strong sales performance and leadership background, Paterson joins Medallia as ANZ country manager following more than seven years with leading SaaS financial technology provider, Intralinks, where she was most recently director for Asia […]
Integral Ad Science (IAS) today announced the launch of “Channel Science”, an industry-leading partnership between Channel Factory and IAS. The Channel Science solution helps advertisers to leverage both companies’ technologies through a single product to ensure their YouTube campaigns are brand-safe, brand-suitable, and performance-optimized. More than ever before, advertisers are searching for ways to streamline their media buying and improve […]