IAB Australia demonstrated its intent to listen and evolve under the leadership of newly appointed CEO Vijay Solanki by hosting an IAB Council Refresh event in Sydney last week.
During the event, which was designed to reinvigorate the IAB Council community by sharing and debating each council’s mandate, four new IAB Council Chairs were announced:
- Technology Council – Ben Sharp, managing director ANZ, AdRoll
- Video Council – Suzie Cardwell, digital partnerships and product development director, MCN
- Mobile Council — Rick Knott, regional director APAC, Celtra
- Measurement Council — Heather White, head of audience insights, News Corp Australia
They join existing IAB Council chairs:
- Standards & Guidelines — Jon Moffat, commercial digital operations director, Fairfax
- Audio Council — Rick Gleave, director business development & partnerships, Pandora
The Refresh event represents the first time that all IAB Councils have come together to share and discuss their plans. It saw over 50 attendees including senior figures from companies like Google, Telstra, Group M, Yahoo7, AOL, MCN, SCA, Fairfax, News Limited, TubeMogul, Brightcove and AdRoll participate in shaping the future activity of the councils and the IAB.
“The IAB digital councils are the life blood of IAB Australia’s activity and it is critical for our future effectiveness that we work collaboratively to produce valuable policy and initiatives that take our industry forward,” said Vijay Solanki, CEO of IAB Australia.
“It was fantastic to bring the councils together for the first time and see the energy and renewed focus that we need. I’m looking forward to sharing the refreshed council’s strategic roadmaps over the coming months.”
The Council Refresh was designed to compliment Vijay Solanki’s First50 Tour which has already seen him meet with over 50 key organisations and stakeholders in the digital industry in the last six weeks in order to better craft the IAB’s renewed proposition and strategy going forward.