Video content agency RedBikini is fighting ‘the seven deadly sins of video content’ in an effort to lend its expertise to more organisations producing their own film.
“We want to show people how easy it is to consistently produce great content,” RedBikini creative director Wayne Cunningham said.
The tips are summarised in a short RedBikini clip and are:
- Audio. Viewers will pretty much forgive everything else but if they can’t hear you clearly, you will lose them in seconds.
- Don’t move the camera. Imagine you are taking photos not video – point, film, stop and reposition.
- Get up close. Big wide shots of people don’t work. In meetings you don’t sit five metres away from people and you shouldn’t in video.
- Use lighting. Interior lighting can often look very flat and lifeless. If you can afford it, hire or buy some video lights, use one behind your subject as a back light, use another facing them on one side as a key light and a third on the other side as a fill.
- Think about your setting. Try not to film against a boring backdrop. Consider what is behind you and try to make it look as interesting as possible – go outside if the inside isn’t working.
- Use our KISS principle – Keep It Short Spielberg. However long you think you video should be, it should be at least half that length. As hard as it is to accept, the shorter your video, the more likely people will watch it.
- Use the best camera you can afford.
Leading Australian market research data brand, RDA Research, provides actionable consumer intelligence to help businesses inform decision making and growth strategies. RDA Research wanted to make its unique consumer data available for addressable digital targeting and required a data onboarding partner to help activate their data in an online environment.
Storytelling agency Enthral has appointed Channel 7 reporter and sports presenter Sean Sowerby as its new senior PR and content manager in Melbourne. Sowerby (pictured) started his award-winning career at 3AW before spending more than 15 years in television. Enthral founder and manager director, Cameron Smith, spoke of the significance of Sowerby joining the agency. […]
This week Nova’s Fitzy & Wippa are celebrating 10 years of their iconic radio show and plenty of famous faces have weighed in on the feat! For Fitzy & Wippa’s 10-year anniversary show they were joined by a bunch of special friends who shared their messages and favourite memories over the last decade. The guys […]
Ever since Google first announced it would be getting rid of third-party cookies on Chrome, digital advertising businesses have been actively sharing their plans for life after cookies. And now programmatic advertising company Blis might have come up with the most creative way to get the message across, in a new video which sees company […]
Integrated Melbourne agency Icon has taken top honours in the 2021 SABRE Awards, winning the coveted Australasian Consultancy of the Year for 2021 along with a host of category and craft awards. Icon led a large field of Australian agencies with a total of three major and seven minor awards, including gold in the cause-related […]
Former agency executives Tim O’Neill and Tim Fouhy have launched the auto technology startup Summon. Australia’s first full e-commerce service for prestige cars. O’Neill and Fouhy both founded Reactive, a digital agency, which was bought by Accenture in 2016. Following the deal, O’Neill and Fouhy ended up leading the company’s digital marketing arm, Accenture Interactive before […]