Australia’s cross-platform audience insights survey emma™ (Enhanced Media Metrics Australia) today announced a raft of product enhancements as part of its innovation roadmap for the rest of this year.
The latest innovations follow last month’s launch of the emma Engagement metric – the world’s largest and most comprehensive survey of its kind.
The series of innovations features database fusions with:
- A new geo-targeting tool for local-area media planning that enables both street level profiling by emma definitions against retail trade and media distribution areas, and local area advertising and marketing planning
- Up to 160 categories of product category purchase data based on the Household Expenditure Survey from the Australian Bureau of Statistics
- The Health Care and Insurance Australia survey
- The Ipsos Food and Health Report
Another series of innovations is yet to come, cementing emma’s position in the market as the pre-eminent audience measurement survey.
The new enhancements feature fresh channel planning questions on social media and catalogues. The social media enhancements include consumer interaction with other media, brand interaction, friends/followers/connections and platforms used.
The innovations also embrace new information on key brands within product categories, particularly toiletries and cosmetics product data, designed with the input of Magazine Publishers Australia and key advertisers. Other improved categories include travel, airlines, automotive, sport, quick service restaurants, food and health. Information on demographics, consumer psychographics, attitudes and activities are integral features within each category enhancement.
“These innovations give our subscribers even greater ability to develop the best in-depth consumer profiles when planning their campaigns,” Ipsos MediaCT Managing Director Simon Wake said.
“From emma’s inception, we promised to collaborate with industry to deliver continuous improvement. Our product roadmap is based on this premise and this is another significant milestone in emma’s development. There will be further innovations announced in the coming months, which will ensure emma provides a superior, modern product.”
The latest innovations in detail are:
- The emma data has now been fused into RDA Research’s geoTribes Explorer database enabling the provision of audience profiles at the local area level, including side-by-side comparison of locations, location ranking by spending potential and market coverage analyses.
- The emma survey will now contain even more comprehensive usage and purchase information for key brands within product categories such as travel, airlines, automotive, sport, quick service restaurants, food and health
- Purchase information based on the Household Expenditure Survey conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics has been incorporated into the emma database. This information includes household expenditure data across an initial 34 product categories, with additional categories being added over coming months.
- The emma survey will also be fused with The Health Care and Insurance Australia survey, which provides information on health insurance among Australians, including use of private health insurance
- The Ipsos Food and Health Report, which is an annual survey of 3,000 Australians, will be fused with emma. The study provides information on the changing mindset, preferences and behavior of consumers in relation to food and healthy eating. This includes dining out/takeaway, attitudes to food labelling, food shopping by outlet, food type preferences and those who are considered as trusted sources of health and nutrition information;
VA Media has announced the launch of new YouTube content ID service for producers, production companies and film & television distributors. VA Media owns and manages some of the world’s largest movie and TV-based YouTube channels, including Movie Central– which boasts an impressive 20M views monthly. The newly announced fee-based service is designed to enable […]
Together, the Australian Koala Foundation and Messenger will celebrate Save the Koala Day on Friday September 25, 2020 by hosting the world’s first koala Messenger Room. Broadcast live from Symbio Wildlife Park, Koala lovers around the world are invited to tune into the Koala Room on the Australian Koala Foundation’s Facebook page. The Koala Room […]
Finalists in one of New Zealand’s most prestigious art awards will have their works showcased around the country as part of an oOh!media campaign with the Urban Art Foundation. Works from artists Russ Flatt, Andrea Gardner, Brit Bunkley, Carmen Simmonds, Richard Darbyshire, Rosie Parsonson, Maryrose Crook, Kate van der Drift, Scott Gardiner, Darryn George and […]
Re, M&C Saatchi’s brand and experience design business, has expanded its strategy team in order to support significant organic growth, as well as a number of new business wins throughout 2020. In order to support the increased scope of work, Re has announced two promotions and three new hires to be led by new Head […]
Leading fashion destination and home to brands such as ÉSS THE LABEL (company owned), Zulu & Zephyr, Bec & Bridge, and Neuw Denim, Splice Boutique has appointed The Wired Agency as their exclusive digital marketing partner. Originating from Sydney’s Northern Beaches, Splice Boutique now ships globally with 70% of their business driven via ecommerce, making […]
With COVID-19 having changed the way professional sport is played, now is the time for marketers to rethink how they approach sports marketing. Social distancing restrictions have meant empty (or mostly empty) stadiums are now a norm. Fans are also getting used to seeing their favourite players in masks and listening to fake cheering. But […]
DoubleVerify has released its ‘Four fundamental shifts in advertising during 2020’ report. This international study considers the impact that device types, evolving news cycles, and new ad technologies have had on consumers’ engagement with online brand promotions. The study, conducted with over 10,000 respondents across France, Germany, Spain, the UK, and the US, shows that: Content […]
Exhibition and events company, DisplayWise, knows how important face-to-face interaction is for consumer brands. Shopping centres and retailers now need to entice customers away from online channels by creating unique shopping experiences. Stores will need to compete more, offer more, and engage with their customers more than ever before. Creating memorable experiences is key to […]
The Australian Podcast Awards (APAs) today announced its 2020 judging panel – a list of global and local industry heavyweights who will together determine the best Australian podcasts of 2020. Media personalities and podcast creators Osher Günsberg and Georgia Love join this year’s judging panel, along with News Corp’s National Entertainment Editor, Jonathan Moran, The […]
Where do brands go in a crisis? Do they disappear if they don’t advertise? What role can they play in our today and tomorrow? And why should we care? Industry commentator Kate Smither offers her thoughts… In “How not to plan”, the authors debunk the myth of brand lifecycles. They argue that the focus on […]
Bauer Media has partnered with Fremantle to create and launch an online web series celebrating the 40th anniversary of the iconic Australian Women’s Weekly Children’s Birthday Cake Book. Each episode of the 4 x 10-minute series called, Cake My Day, features three passionate and aspiring home bakers from diverse backgrounds replicating their own masterpieces from […]
The Foxtel Group and Seven have both announced a new deal with Supercars. Fox Group announced a new five-year term with Supercars from 2021-2025, while Seven announced the return of Supercars to the Network from 2021. Over at Foxtel, the new deal ensures every Repco Supercars Championship session is shown Live with no ad-breaks during racing […]
Cummins&Partners have today launched their first campaign for Nufarm, one of the world’s leading developers and manufacturers of seeds and crop protection solutions, headquartered in Melbourne. The “Australian Through & Through” campaign comes after C&P were awarded creative and media responsibilities for Nufarm’s brand work in June. The national brand campaign celebrates regional positivity and focus, reminding […]
Working with experienced entrepreneur Adam Trippe-Smith, Richards Rose helped create KONVOY, a disruptor in the growing keg rental business in Australia. KONVOY provides, collects and maintains kegs that are ‘chipped’, giving brewers instant data on product performance and the ability to geo-locate them. Richards Rose have been appointed as KONVOY’s brand agency, charged with creating brand strategy, […]
Italian youth label DIESEL has announced the launch of its Autumn 2020 campaign via Publicis Italy, which is rooted into one of denim’s key, longstanding elements: memory. Denim gets better with experience and becomes a sort of wearable record of the times you’ve had. The pen marks on the pocket? Doodles during a long flight […]