Today is Dentsu Aegis Network’s One Day for Change, where all staff in each country across the region are encouraged to go out and volunteer on the same day.
Now in its second year, last year’s One Day for Change saw over 7,000 staff across APAC volunteer, giving over 29,000 hours of their time to their local communities. All agencies within Dentsu Aegis Network across the region will take the day to support local or national causes.
Luke Littlefield, Dentsu Aegis Network ANZ’s CEO said, “As we enter our second ever One Day for Change, I am so pleased to see the enthusiasm from our people at the prospect of getting out into the community and giving back. Last year, we donated over 4,000 hours of our staff time doing everything from gardening, offering pro-bono strategy sessions and sorting clothes for the homeless. We forged some great relationships with charities, many of which we are returning to this year.”
Dentsu Aegis Network has a commitment to its Corporate Social Responsibility, and part of this focuses on the ability to positively affect the local communities it operates in. All staff in each country will come together to support each other as they support the community, taking the same day to create maximum positive impact.
Nick Waters, CEO Dentsu Aegis Network Asia Pacific said: “One Day for Change in Asia Pacific is a unified approach for our group to contribute something back to the societies within which we all earn a living. It is only the contribution of one day out of our lives, but if that contribution can make a positive difference to people who rely on the support of others, then we can take heart. Last year’s success has built strong relationships with charities across the region and I look forward to seeing these develop further through this initiative.”
Volunteering activities being undertaken in Australia and New Zealand:
- The New Zealand team will be hosting a family day at Birdwood Primary school in West Auckland, which will include a number of projects including painting a mural in the school grounds.
- The Canberra team will assist Pegasus Riding for the Disabled with farm maintenance and help with their horses.
- The Team in Perth will be assisting Muscular Dystrophy WA with design work and setting up an accommodation unit for patient care for the Leukemia Foundation.
- In Brisbane, the Columbus team will provide SEM/SEO strategic recommendations for the Wesley Mission, whilst the Carat and Haystac teams will provide production and marketing support for ‘Juiced TV’ a weekly program for patients and families of the Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital.
- Sydney’s corporate services team will be assisting Easy Care Gardening.
- The Amplifi team in Sydney will be making Possum Pouches for WIRES.
- The team from Symphony will be providing administration and office support for the Cancer Council.
- The Columbus team in Sydney will support Royal Far West in Manly by painting their accommodation, hallways and common areas, including a mural in their kitchen area.
- The team at Haystac Sydney will run a strategy for Oxfam
- Carat and iProspect’s Sydney teams will support Unltd and their charity partners.
- ApolloNation in Sydney will work with Youth off the Streets’ Corporate Partnerships team on their new charity initiative #laceitup.
- Isobar and Soap will support World Animal Protection and The Starlight Foundation
- Posterscope Sydney will hit the street for Clean Up Australia
- The Vizeum Sydney team will head out to the Bernardos Children’s Centre at Auburn for maintainence.
- BWM Dentsu and Oddfellows Dentsu in Sydney and Melbourne will fundraising for the Salvation Army and will also run a strategy session for their upcoming Doorknock and Christmas appeals.
- Melbourne’s Corporate Services team will work to support Foodbank Victoria in their distribution centre.
- Mitchells Melbourne will work with Lentil as Anything and will hold a strategy session for the Melbourne City Mission.
- Vizeum and The Story Lab will support World Vision with their ‘Our Vision’ fundraising project.
- Melbourne’s ApolloNation team will run a Footy Pie night fundraiser for Challenge Kids with Cancer.
- Huckleberry will assist with a number of difference charities, including Avalon Op Shop, Snowdome, Hanover, Kids Under Cover and Can Too.
- The Amplify Melbourne team will do conservation work with the La Trobe Wildlife Sanctuary in Bundoora.
- Columbus Melbourne will do a branding brainshort and provide social media recommendations for Secondbite’s new project ‘Ugly Juice’.
- iProspect’s Melbourne team will work with Youth Suicide Prevention Australia for the second year running, providing pro bono SEO work and raising funds to go towards paid social and paid search activity.
- Haystac and Spark will assist in Salvation Army stores across Melbourne, whilst Team Epic will work in the Salvo’s city café, Hamodava.
- Isobar Melbourne will create teams to support a variety of charities: Australian Childhood Foundation, Save the Children, Create4Good and YGAP.
- Carat Melbourne will also support a number of charities including clients, The Big Issue, RSPCA and Startlight Foundation as well as the Father Bob Foundation.
Twitter has just experienced its fastest growth in revenue since 2014, with the social media platform benefiting from increased interest from advertisers. Revenue was up 74 per cent YoY, according to the company’s Q2 results, reaching $US1.19 billion ($1.6 billion) from $US683.4 million ($925 million) 12 months ago. The strong results came in the same […]
Wild Turkey has announced the launch of its new global creative campaign and platform, ‘Trust Your Spirit’, featuring the brand’s creative director and spokesperson, Matthew McConaughey. The global campaign and platform ‘Trust Your Spirit’ is to encourage people to be bold, unapologetically themselves, and stay true to who they are. The global tagline and ethos […]
Telecommunications company Optus has announced it will launch the world’s first TikTok sign-language activated filter. Featuring Optus ambassador Ian Thorpe, Optus will unveil a branded effect that shows TikTok users how to say key phrases in Auslan sign language, including ‘How are you?’ and ‘It starts with Yes’, through the hashtag challenge #SignYes. Optus will […]
Podsights has revealed new insights into the effectiveness of advertising in podcasts, tracking global and Australian podcast advertising trends. This is the first Australian report to be published since ARN partnered with Podsights to set the standard for best-in-class podcast advertising measurement. The report includes additional analysis and follows a series of Measurement Masterclasses held for […]
NGEN’s 2021 charity cup has raised over $175,000 for UnLtd charity partner Gotcha4Life. Gotcha4Life is a not-for-profit foundation raising awareness and funding to provide educational workshops and innovative programs that build mental fitness in individuals and communities. While Sydney and Brisbane completed the Charity Cup in June, before Covid restrictions hit, the final leg in […]
Australian tech incubator Cicada Innovations and Biennale of Sydney are launching the ‘New & Sustainable Materials Challenge,’ in an effort to create a more sustainable future. The works of chosen material-makers will be showcased to millions of Biennale audiences, exhibition partners, and exhibition makers globally. The Challenge is open to any Australian and UK startups, […]