The AANA last week announced that Matt Tapper was re-elected Chair of the AANA Board for a second term, at its AGM. Matt Tapper is also currently Managing Director, Global Markets, for Lion’s Beer, Cider & Wine business, a position he took in August 2015 having been National Marketing Director for Lion Beer, Spirits and Wine for the previous five years.
Tapper said he was honoured to stand as Chair for a further term.
“The AANA is the peak national body that champions the interests of advertisers and under the leadership of our CEO Sunita Gloster, we have made significant progress this year addressing many of the fundamental challenges facing our member base,” Tapper said.
The AANA at its AGM last Thursday evening, also further strengthened the Board with two additional appointments – Jeremy Nicholas, executive director – retail marketing, Telstra, and Jenni Dill, chief marketing officer, McDonalds Australia.
“The AANA Board of Directors represents a wide cross-section of Australia’s major brand owners and I would like to thank every one of my fellow board members for agreeing to play their part in enabling the AANA to discharge its duties on behalf of our industry.
“I look forward to working with the Board on what is shaping up to be another highly active year ahead,” Tapper said.
Mark Reinke, group executive director, customer, data and marketing at Suncorp, and Andrea Martens, chief brand officer, Jurlique have been re-appointed as treasurer and deputy chair respectively.
The AANA Board members are:
- Matt Tapper, MD Global Markets, Lion,
- Mark Reinke, Group Executive – Customer, Data and Marketing
- Andrea Martens, Chief Brand Officer, Jurlique
- Jeremy Nicholas Executive Director Retail Marketing, Telstra
- Andrew Caie, Marketing & Customer Experience Director, Subaru
- Mike Connaghan, Chief Executive Officer, WPP AUNZ
- Jenni Dill, Chief Marketing Officer, McDonalds Australia
- Thérèse Kallie, Director Communication and Marketing Excellence, Nestlé Australia
- David Scribner, Head of Virgin Mobile Australia
- Adrian Weimers, Brand Communications Corporate Manager, Lexus
- Amanda Banfield, Managing Director, Mondelez Australia/New Zealand
- Louise Eyres, Group General Manager, ANZ