Yesterday marked 100 days until the summer Olympic Games kick off in Rio, and social media went bonkers with countdown celebrations.
In the spirit of adland, video ad tech company Unruly celebrated by delving into its algorithms to discover the ten most shared Olympic ads of all time.
While the below ads have been shared thousands, if not millions, of times, Unruly said it expects a number of ads for this year to be close contenders.
“Brands will be going all out to be faster, stronger and higher this summer, so we are fully expecting some new ads to be joining the list over the next few months,” the company said in a blog post.
Many of the ads are from global brands such as P&G and Nike, and evoke inspiration, happiness, pride and hilarity.
1. P&G’s Thank you mama
Times shared: 2,445,774
2. P&G – Pick them back up
Times shared: 694,834
3. Canadian Institute For Diversity And Inclusion – LUGE
Times shared: 318,529
4. Nike – Find your greatness
Times shared: 198,527
5. Adidas – Team GB don’t stop me now
Times shared: 196,665
6. Channel 4 – Gay Mountain
Times shared: 132,932
7. EDF Energy – EDF Energy Feel Better Energy TV Advert feat. Zingy Together In Electric Dreams
Times shared: 116,252
8. P&G – Thank You, Mom | Tough Love
Times shared: 100,013
9. Mini UK – All stand please for the MINI horn section
Times shared: 84,520
10. Nike Russia – представляет: Just Do It
Times shared: 81,496 shares