QMS Media Limited announced its entry into the attractive sports-venue advertising segment through a number of investments that expand and enhance its existing premium digital outdoor media portfolio across Australia and New Zealand.
Total investment of $22.4 million to acquire the following equity interests and to fund the development of new digital signage by the target companies:
- 80 per cent stake in Out and About Marketing and Media (OAMM), a leading provider of in-bowl digital stadium and other advertising at key sporting stadia across Australia and New Zealand.
- 50 per cent equity stake in LIVE Docklands, which holds the rights to several digital advertising assets within Melbourne’s Etihad Stadium.
- 20 per cent strategic stake in Sportsmate Australia, a leading developer of sporting apps across a number of popular sporting codes, including AFL, NRL, Cricket, Rugby, Soccer, NFL and NBA.
Highly complementary to QMS’ existing digital outdoor portfolio, and strengthens QMS’ position in key strategic markets, including Sydney and New Zealand.
Provides access to a large, appealing and engaged audience demographic, under the newly launched ‘QMS Sport’ brand.
- Access to millions of attendees and broadcast and digital sports viewers.
- Broad reach across popular sporting codes including NRL, Rugby Union, Soccer, AFL, Cricket and V8 Supercars.
- Significant opportunities for multi-platform engagement with engaged audiences, long dwell times, and stadium connectivity.
Aligned with QMS’ strategy to continue to strengthen its existing platform and unlock additional value through multi-platform engagement with targeted and customised content.
Acquisition and associated transaction costs is funded via a combination of existing debt facilities and a $20 million institutional placement.
QMS managing director and CEO, Barclay Nettlefold said: “These investments are aligned with our strategy to continue to strengthen our portfolio of premium outdoor media assets and broaden our capabilities to engage with attractive, targeted audiences through multiple platforms with dynamic, customised content.