The Misfits Media Company, the official Cannes Lions Festival Representative in Australia, has today announced the shortlist of finalists for the 2020 Snapchat Young Lions competition.
Over 50 industry judges across Australia have determined the finalists who will now go onto the second and final round of the competition where shortlisted finalists in the digital, film, media and marketing categories will receive a 24-hour brief (and 48-hour for film), emulating the international competition format in Cannes.
The Misfits CEO David Hovenden said: “Believe it or not, these entries were all submitted in a period when we knew nothing of flattening curves or the true value of toilet paper.
“No doubt for the judges, it made for a pleasant experience to be distracted from the real world by such amazing talent. We thank them for their efforts regardless as we know it’s never easy to sort the absolutely brilliant from the plain really good. We look forward to seeing more of this creativity in the near future.”
The shortlisted teams will compete in the second round of the local Young Lions competition on 26 August (25 August for Film), in which they will then form their response before pitching to a panel of judges at Snapchat’s office in Sydney on 27 August – or via video conferencing should isolation still be in place by that date.
The winners of this final round will be announced that evening, with the runners-up of each category going on to represent Australia at Spikes Asia in 2021 and the winners representing Australia at next year’s Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity from 21-25 June, 2021.
The Snapchat Young Lions Competition 2020 Finalists are:
Digital – sponsored by Snapchat
- Hannah Lawson and Jessica Sweeney, DDB Sydney
- Julian Hartley and Rob Gordon, BWM Dentsu
- Rubini Gunaratnam and Jardin Anderson, M&C Saatchi
- Scott Pelham and Melanie Goh, Gatecrasher Advertising
- Willy Maitland and Alex Kidd, Clemenger BBDO
Media – sponsored by The Trade Desk and Unilever
- Lauren Gibb and Jennie Gilbert, OMD
- Lily Nielsen and Amanda Thomsen, Wavemaker
- Michelle Aguirre and Vijay Samuel, Foundation
- Ruby Muller and Calin Barker, The Media Store
- Summer Treseder and John Ryan, Initiative
Marketing – sponsored by The Real Media Collective
- Alyssa Dunsford and Amy Pozzar, Menulog
- Annabel Brusasco and Brittany Riordan, IAG
- Cindy Tan, Capital Labs and Shernese Chee, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Jason Khoury and Nichole Tsiros, McDonald’s Australia
- Tessa Whittaker and Michael O’Donoghue, Carlton & United Breweries
- Isabel Evans and Ana Pareja Calvo, Fenton Stephens
- Jack Elliott and Lachlan Newham, Wunderman Thompson
- Kate Lemke and Elsie Shaw, Fancy Films
- Lizzie Wood and Joseph Harris, The Monkeys
- Matthew Moran and Andrew Torrisi, TBWA\Sydney
Special thanks to Stocksy, who will be providing access to their stock image library to the finalists for their response to the 24-hour brief. Also thanks to Creative Product Enterprises, who will be kitting out the winners with their team uniform for the global round next year.
For further information and to view the 2020 finalist entries, please visit www.canneslionsaustralia.com.au/younglions
Domain’s chief marketing officer (CMO), Rebecca Darley, said that without Tealium’s customer data platform (CDP), her business would not have been able to achieve the personalised marketing success that has made it one of the leaders in data-driven marketing in Australia. Speaking at an exclusive breakfast event hosted by B&T at Sydney’s swish harbourside restaurant, […]
Man of Many in partnership with NBC Universal, stages an atmosphere of elegance for Sydney premiere of ‘Argylle’ film. Independent lifestyle publication digital publication, Man of Many, has shown its innovative approach to event management in the premiere of ‘Argylle’ at Hoyts Cinema in Sydney’s entertainment quatre. Over 400 guests were included in the films […]