Following Australia’s clean up at the 2017 Cannes Lions Festival (Australia took home a total of 113 Lions last year), all eyes are now on the 2018 Awards and our performance this year.
The Cannes festival of creativity, held in the south of France, anticipates over 16,000 attendees this year spread from 4,700 companies across the world.
And the first awards shortlists for the 2018 Cannes Lions Awards has been announced for the Health & Wellness and Pharma categories.
Vote on the work you think will win big at Cannes in B&T’s awards poll.
CHE Proximity Melbourne was the only Australian agency to feature in the Pharma Lions finalist list with their campaign for Cochlear: The Hearing Test in Disguise.
The campaign was recognised under the following categories:
- Film Craft: Use of Music / Sound Design
- Branded Content & Entertainment: Digital & Social
- Branded Content & Entertainment: Film, TV and Online Film Content
- Digital: Platforms
The Pharma Lions celebrate creative communications from pharmaceutical clients and services surrounding this highly-regulated industry. There were 376 entries in this category, down from 590 last year.
Within the Health & Wellness category, five Aussie agencies made the cut:
- McCann Health Sydney, Gutsy (Client: P&G, Production: Truce Films) – shortlisted for Film Craft: Script
- BWM Dentsu Sydney, Project Revoice (Client: The ALS Association, Production: Finch Sydney) – shortlisted for Use of Technology and PR
- Y&R Melbourne, Sip Safe (Client: Monash University) – shortlisted for Product Innovation, Brand Experience & Activation, Direct
- Deloitte Australia Melbourne, Lucy (Client: Prince of Wales Hospital, Production: Deloitte Australia) – shortlisted for Digital Craft: User Experience (UX)
- Ogilvy Australia Melbourne, AAMI SmartPlates (Client: Suncorp, Production: Ogilvy Australia) – shortlisted for Use of Technology and Digital: Platforms
The Health & Wellness Lions celebrate creativity for personal wellbeing. This year the Health & Wellness Lions received 1,482 entries, down from 2,245 entries submitted last year.
The annual search for the very best of Australia’s young media, creative, and marketing professionals has begun, with Cannes Lions Festival representative The Misfits announcing entries are now officially open for the 2021 Snapchat Young Lions Competition. The Young Lions Competition, which is proudly supported by Snapchat and The Trade Disk, gives blossoming media talent […]
Global data and insights business Pureprofile Limited has today announced three new appointments to the Australian team to support its renewed growth strategy. Young Ham [pictured] joins the team in a global role as head of data, innovation and product, Kate Richards will hold the role of interim head of sales, data & insights ANZ […]
Lotame has today announced 109 per cent growth in third-party data sales in the APAC region from Q2 2020 to Q3 2020. Across the APAC region, India saw 555 per cent growth, followed by Malaysia at 190 per cent and Taiwan at 178 per cent growth. Subsequently, Australia saw 43 per cent growth and New Zealand […]
The Australian Road Safety Foundation (ARSF) has teamed up with Spotify and some of Queensland’s leading musicians in a national first that will geotarget drivers within school zones. The Slow Down Songs campaign, which is being piloted in Queensland, will work to keep kids safe within school zones by dramatically slowing down songs and serving […]