Whybin\TBWA\Tequila Sydney has been ranked the most creative agency in Australia in a new worldwide study, with George Patterson Y&R Melbourne scoring second and Leo Burnett Melbourne taking third.
The results come from the Big Won Rankings – an annual research report which measures award show performance across all marketing communications.
On a global level, however, the Sydney agency, which was awarded B&T’s Agency of the Year in 2012, fell short of Leo Burnett Beirut, taking out ninth place while the Lebanese agency came in sixth.
The title of most creative agency in the world went to Colenso BBDO Auckland, which beat BBDO New York (second place), Serviceplan Munich Germany (third place), Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO London (fourth place) and Jung von Matt Hamburg (fifth place).
George Patterson Y&R Melbourne was the only other Australian agency featured on the global leaderboard after Whybins Sydney, coming in 20th.
When it came to the rankings for Australia, BMF Sydney ranked fourth behind Whybins Sydney, Patts Melbourne and Leos Melbourne, while Leos Sydney came in fifth, just ahead of Ogilvy Sydney in sixth.
Clemenger BBDO Melbourne scored seventh place, M&C Saatchi grabbed eighth,DDB Sydney ninth and Naked Communications 10th.
In Big Won’s list of top chief creative officers, Whybins’ Matty Burton scored seventh place, making him the most sought-after Australian ECD.
The report is edited by Patrick Collister, former executive creative director of Ogilvy & Mather London.
The rankings have been published annually since 2003 (Direct Maerketing) since 2006 (to include Digital) since 2008 (to include all media categories).
Most creative agencies globally
- 1. Colenso BBDO Auckland New Zealand
- 2. BBDO New York
- 3. Serviceplan Munich Gerrmany
- 4. Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO London\
- 5. Jung von Matt Hamburg Germany
- 6. Leo Burnett Beirut Lebanon
- 7. DDB Singapore
- 8. Dentsu Tokyo
- 9. Whybin TBWA Tequila Sydney Australia
- 10. Forsman & Bodenfors Sweden
- 11. AlmapBBDO Sao Paulo Brazil
- 12. Ogilvy Frankfurt Germany
- 13. BETC Euro RSCG Paris France
- 14. Ogilvy Sao Paulo Brazil
- 15. BBH London
- 16. Y&R Dubai United Arab Emirates
- 17. Memac Ogilvy Label Tunis Tunisia
- 18. JWT Shanghai
- 19. Y&R Malaysia
- 20. George Patterson Y&R Melbourne
Most creative Australian agencies
- 1. Whybin\TBWA\Tequila Sydney
- 2. George Patterson Y&R Melbourne
- 3. Leo Burnett Melbourne
- 4. BMF Sydney
- 5. Leo Burnett Sydney
- 6. Ogilvy Sydney
- 7. Clemenger BBDO Melbourne
- 8. M&C Saatchi Sydney
- 9. DDB Sydney
- 10. Naked Communications Sydney
- 11. The Monkeys Sydney
- 12. Wunderman Sydney
- 13. 303Lowe Sydney
- 14. Clemenger BBDO Sydney
- 15. Mercer Bell Sydney
- 16. OgilvyOne Melbourne
- 17. Havas Sydney
- 18. Host Sydney
- 19. DDB Melbourne
- 20. Wonder Sydney