Woolworths has emerged as Australia’s number one online retailer, according to new research from Power Retail.
The grocery chain took the overall title of top online retailer, closely followed by rival Coles, which claimed second spot.
Bunnings Warehouse, Target and Big W were also finalists in the main category.
Power Retail also named winners across a host of categories, with THE ICONIC was the number one online only business and Baby Bunting was awarded top mobile experience.
Power Retail managing director Grant Arnott said: “It’s been exciting to watch the Top 100 develop this year and in particular, the movement within the Top 20 has been dramatic. Bunnings has made a huge move up the rankings since launching its transactional website, up 31 spots vs 2018 to #4. It’s never too late to get going online!
“Also, Booktopia has had a huge year, moving up 33 places to sit at #15. These moves also reflect the broader movement we’re seeing across both online-only and multichannel retailers in the current retail environment. Those who are investing in and capitalising on the online shopping experiences are working past the laggards.
“This year we’ve also worked to ensure that mobile performance is in focus, as more than ever this is a key indicator for success in online retail but continues to be overlooked by some retailers.”
Full list of winners:
- No.1 Online Retailer: Woolworths
- Top Small-Medium Retailer: MWave
- Top Online Only: THE ICONIC
- Most Improved Online Performance: PETstock
- Best Native Retail App: Catch
- Top Mobile Experience: Baby Bunting
- Punching Above Their Weight: Flora and Fauna
- Top Department Store: Bunnings Warehouse
- Top Home & Décor: Spotlight
- Top Electrical & Office: Officeworks
- Top Sports & Leisure: Rebel
- Top Health & Beauty: Chemist Warehouse
- Top Fashion: THE ICONIC
- Top Site Performance: Klika
- Emerging Online Retailer of the Year: Baxter Blue
- Top User Experience: Adore Beauty
- Best Cross Border Performance: Cotton On
- Top Social Retailer: Showpo
- Top Innovator: Adore Beauty
- Top Customer Experience Award: Adore Beauty
- Best Email Marketing: Mecca
- Top Sustainable Retailer: Flora & Fauna
- All Star Legends: Tony Nash (CEO of Booktopia) and Kate Morris (CEO of Adore Beauty)