Five days out from Christmas and B&T journalists are often struggling for a breaking news lead.
So, perhaps forgive us for trying to turn this Uber news into something more legitimate than it probably is.
However, the ride-sharing and food delivery platform have compiled 2017 into some amusing but largely pointless facts.
Anyway, here’s what it found when it broke the last 12 months down.
- This year, Australians took Ubers in 614 cities across 80 countries
- The AFL Grand Final took the crown for the most Ubers taken in a single day in 2017
- Australia’s most popular Uber Eats dish was …. hot chips!
- And… we chowed down in celebration on 22 October, with the most food ordered in a single day after Australia beat New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup
3,600,000 Australians shared rides with Uber this year
- Uber celebrated its 5th birthday in Australia in 2017
- Uber expanded its service area to 19 new Australian towns and cities in 2017 and launched UberASSIST in 14 cities
- Highest Basket Size Ever: Entrecôte Melbourne. $1,570, consisting of eight Gourmet Cheeseburgers, seven Smoked Salmons, seven Steak Sandwiches, $600 worth of Beluga caviar, Chevré and six Bombe Alaskas.
- Hungriest Customer: 126 orders in one week
- Hungriest time of week: Friday at 6pm
- Most ordered meal after midnight: Halal Snack Pack from Kebab Hut in Melbourne
- Total distance travelled by top delivery partner: 37,000km. the equivalent of Sydney to Perth 9.3 times
- Fastest Delivery: Five minutes and 11 seconds from order to delivery for a sneaky 2:00am McDonald’s cheeseburger on a Friday night
- Uber Eats now has more than 8,000 restaurant partners in Australia & New Zealand in 15 cities