Five days out from Christmas and B&T journalists are often struggling for a breaking news lead.
So, perhaps forgive us for trying to turn this Uber news into something more legitimate than it probably is.
However, the ride-sharing and food delivery platform have compiled 2017 into some amusing but largely pointless facts.
Anyway, here’s what it found when it broke the last 12 months down.
- This year, Australians took Ubers in 614 cities across 80 countries
- The AFL Grand Final took the crown for the most Ubers taken in a single day in 2017
- Australia’s most popular Uber Eats dish was …. hot chips!
- And… we chowed down in celebration on 22 October, with the most food ordered in a single day after Australia beat New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup
3,600,000 Australians shared rides with Uber this year
- Uber celebrated its 5th birthday in Australia in 2017
- Uber expanded its service area to 19 new Australian towns and cities in 2017 and launched UberASSIST in 14 cities
- Highest Basket Size Ever: Entrecôte Melbourne. $1,570, consisting of eight Gourmet Cheeseburgers, seven Smoked Salmons, seven Steak Sandwiches, $600 worth of Beluga caviar, Chevré and six Bombe Alaskas.
- Hungriest Customer: 126 orders in one week
- Hungriest time of week: Friday at 6pm
- Most ordered meal after midnight: Halal Snack Pack from Kebab Hut in Melbourne
- Total distance travelled by top delivery partner: 37,000km. the equivalent of Sydney to Perth 9.3 times
- Fastest Delivery: Five minutes and 11 seconds from order to delivery for a sneaky 2:00am McDonald’s cheeseburger on a Friday night
- Uber Eats now has more than 8,000 restaurant partners in Australia & New Zealand in 15 cities
Clemenger BBDO Melbourne has announced Charlotte Stevens as group business director, leading the Myer account. Stevens is returning home to Australia following a decade in London, most of which was spent at Portas Agency. During her time in London, Stevens led Sainsbury’s fashion, homeware and beauty portfolios and worked across a range of retail accounts […]
PubMatic has today announced it has secured a data partnership with Australian-based consumer intelligence provider HYP Technology. The partnership will enable digital media buyers to leverage rich audience segments across all screens and channels — including mobile, connected TV, and web browsers – PubMatic’s premium inventory. The direct integration, via PubMatic’s Audience Encore, allows buyers to activate HYP’s […]
Skimlinks, a Connexity Company, has reported significant growth in traffic and publisher commissions in its’ Australian network, as publishers capitalize on the ecommerce opportunity offered by the End Of the Financial Year (EOFY). “We’re delighted to see the success of our Australian publishers, as they create quality commerce content that helps consumers find the products […]
Flybuys and The Trade Desk have announced a first-of-its-kind partnership in Australia to provide advertisers with unprecedented insight into the impact of their online advertising campaigns on offline and online sales. This partnership marks the first time that Unpacked by Flybuys’ de-identified sales conversion data, from Flybuys’ more than eight million members, will be made available […]
In this piece, Tim Sleath, VP of Product Management at VDX.tv, discusses household targeting’s role alongside other identity solutions and how advertisers can create an effective household strategy for their campaigns. As the advertising industry plans for the removal of third-party cookie support and moves toward adopting more privacy-centric solutions, marketers will need to identify […]
Culture-leading publisher Highsnobiety continues to evolve its local operations with the appointment of Citizens of Culture as its strategic partner across media operations within Australia. Highsnobiety is a premium global brand dedicated to cultural pioneers, with work spanning across digital platforms, print media, documentaries, cutting edge events, a shopping platform and a full service creative […]
Australian fashion brand Witchery has partnered with B Corp GlamCorner as part of GlamCorner’s subscription box offering as the demand for everyday essentials soars. This partnership marks another milestone for the Australian fashion industry towards becoming more circular and introducing more paths to reduce textile waste. Customers nationally will be able to rent more of […]
The media, marketing and creative industries are being encouraged to host their own ‘Curry Club for COVID’ before 30th June to help meet the ambitious $100k target set by its organisers. Curry Club for COVID, which was conceived by long-time adtech executive Peter Bray, sales director at Impact, and is powered by industry social purpose organisation […]
The UnLtd Cup is returning for its tenth consecutive year, marking a decade of soccer shenanigans that’s raised nearly $500,000 for children’s mental health charity, KidsXpress. On July 22-23rd, 28 teams from across the industry will battle it out on the soccer field in the two-day tournament at Sydney University Sports and Fitness Centre, Darlington. […]