QLD Govt & Clems Brisbane Unveil Promise To Pause This Remembrance Day

QLD Govt & Clems Brisbane Unveil Promise To Pause This Remembrance Day
SHARE
THIS



The Queensland Government and Clemenger Brisbane have launched a new campaign, encouraging Queenslanders to ‘Promise to pause’ for one minute this Remembrance Day.

Clemenger Brisbane creative director Cristian Staal said this Remembrance Day holds extra significance as it marks the centenary of the armistice that ended the First World War.

It also came with an extra challenge.

“This year Remembrance Day falls on a Sunday. We saw this challenge as an opportunity to highlight the meaning behind remembrance. Being grateful to those who sacrificed to protect the lives we live today,” Cristian said.

The campaign features depictions of everyday Queenslanders stopping to commemorate Remembrance Day during typical Sunday morning activities, like going to the beach and playing sport.

“We’re humbled to be producing a memorable campaign for such an important tradition,” Cristian said.

Erin Core, strategy director at Clemenger Brisbane, said while 75 per cent of Queenslanders intend to observe the traditional one minute of silence, the campaign’s job is to remind them to remember. And to inspire the remaining 25 per cent to stop for a minute.

“These days we outsource our memories to our devices, so making them part of the solution was key. Our solution uses technology to bring remembrance to a modern audience,” Core said.

Interactive outdoor and a campaign website asks people to pledge a minute’s silence, while an automated calendar entry and Facebook event follow up with a reminder on the day.

The campaign will run across out-of-home, radio, digital and social in the weeks leading up to Remembrance Day.

You can view the work, make a promise to pause, and download a digital reminder here.

Please login with linkedin to comment

Clemenger Brisbane Queensland Government Remembrance Day

Latest News

Leadership, Humanity, Technology – The Sweet Spot
  • Media
  • Technology

Leadership, Humanity, Technology – The Sweet Spot

The SingularityU Australia Executive Program will take place this may, celebrating leadership at the intersection of the values of humanity and the value of technology. The Elon Musks, Apples and Xeros of the world are taking risks for humanity and creating new  technologies that streamline and beautify business operations. They simplify life by providing basic […]

by B&T Magazine

B&T Magazine
OMD Alumnus Launches Specialist Media Agency For The Franchise Sector; TFM Digital
  • Marketing

OMD Alumnus Launches Specialist Media Agency For The Franchise Sector; TFM Digital

Brisbane media professional and former OMD Australia Account Director Taylor Fielding (pictured) has officially launched TFM Digital. TFM Digital is a specialist media agency based in Newstead which primarily provides media buying services, and strategy development, to businesses chiefly, but not exclusively, within the franchise sector. Prior to the launch of TFM Digital, Fielding spent […]

FutureFeed Appoints Five By Five For Global Launch
  • Media

FutureFeed Appoints Five By Five For Global Launch

Launch marketing specialists Five by Five Global have been appointed by FutureFeed to develop their brand, international certification trademark and go to market strategy. The innovative livestock feed ingredient developed by CSIRO, Meat and Livestock Australian and James Cook University uses a specific genus of seaweed, Asparagopsis, which significantly reduces methane emissions in ruminant livestock. […]

SKMG’s Andrew Knowles Snares B&T’s 30 Under 30 For PR
  • Marketing

SKMG’s Andrew Knowles Snares B&T’s 30 Under 30 For PR

Andrew Knowles, partner and co-founder of the corporate communications consultancy Shoebridge Knowles Media Group (SKMG), has won the PR category in the 2021 B&T 30 Under 30 Awards. Knowles received the award at a ceremony in Sydney last night, claiming victory in a highly competitive field that included leading executives from some of Australia’s biggest […]

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - APRIL 14: Jack Viney of the Demons and Mitch Wallis of the Bulldogs pose for a photo during the Theragun & AFL Partnership announcement at AFL House on April 14, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Dylan Burns/AFL Photos)
  • Marketing

AFL Names Therabody As Its Official Recovery Partner

The AFL is delighted to welcome Therabody as its Official Recovery Partner of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season. Therabody’s industry-leading devices and research will be integrated into pre-match training and post-match recovery routines to help prevent injuries and help improve overall athletic performance. Therabody will also become the naming partner for the end-of-season AFL […]