Australian immersive technology company Unbnd has announced the launch of its new NBA extended reality mobile application, Missing in Action (MIA).
NBA fans can enjoy the season from their smartphone, streaming live NBA games, NBA TV, and a range of other NBA content on the first-of-its-kind immersive mobile platform. MIA is available for download on Android and iOS across Australia and Singapore.
MIA will put this year’s NBA season into the hands of fans in an entirely new immersive way. Through mixed reality, MIA creates new opportunities for brands to engage with users as they move from passive viewing to actively interacting with content.
Live NBA content set in an innovative, interactive environment allows users to take control of what content they wish to see including comprehensive player stats and modular controls, empowering fans to see more of the game within a single window.
“I couldn’t be more excited to showcase the possibilities for brands when they use immersive technology to capture and engage with audiences,” said Unbnd CEO and founder Antony Arena.
“What we have achieved with the NBA – from streaming games with access to stats, as well as a roadmap to add other functions including merchandise, fantasy, and social – means users can take control of their content consumption, and get more into the game than ever before.”
Pricing and Availability
MIA is available today across iOS7+, and Android S7+ models – exclusively across Australia & Singapore.
Currently available features include:
- NBA TV – Broadcasting round the clock coverage of the NBA 24/7, including live games, panel discussions, lifestyle shows and replays
- Live NBA – Access to six LIVE NBA games per week
- In-Game Theatre Mode – Users can double-tap any stream to explore the augmented reality features beyond the game to access stats, analytics and league tables
- Modular control – Users can personalise and control their screen to access the information they want during a game
- Team, player and league tables & statistics – Take second screen viewing to the next level as you get access to all the team data and statistics you need in one viewing experience
Subscription price is $6.95 per month, with a 14-day trial available to new users.
Is it too early to start planning your holiday campaigns? Definitely not, argues Pinterest CMO Andréa Mallard in this piece. Brands love reaching their most passionate customers. As a former retail CMO myself, I get it. When you reach early planners, you reach the CEOs of the household—an audience that buys and spends more. Reach […]