This is not a drill. Gelatissimo are on the hunt for a ‘Gelato Taste Tester’ to come in for a half day of paid work eating gelato.
Listed on Airtasker this morning, the popular gelato brand are looking for the most refined taste buds in Australia to help them test and evaluate new flavours of gelato before they’re released.
And for your valuable time (and even more valuable taste buds), they’ll be scooping out $500 hard cash.
Renowned for regularly releasing decadent and exciting new flavours, Gelatissimo’s most recent innovations include two limited edition Deluxe flavours – Luscious Lemon Meringue and Chunky New York Cheesecake – released last Friday.
But with plenty more on the way, the Gelato Taste Tester will need to assess the quality and flavour nuances of their current Deluxe range and determine whether these loaded flavours stay on (and if not, what comes next).
So if you think you’re the biggest gelato fan in Australia and can objectively judge your caramel fudge swirl from your lemon meringue drizzle, now’s your moment.
The job recipient will be required on Friday 27 September at Gelatissimo’s Sydney office in Rydalmere for four hours of intensive tasting (that’s $125 an hour!).
Not to be taken lightly, they’ve listed the following guidelines:
- Make sure you’re in an environment with minimal distractions. Gelato tasting is serious business, so the sensory tasting needs to be as true and unbiased as possible.
- Taste with your eyes. Is the appearance of the gelato visually appealing? If so, that’s a great start.
- Next is the fun bit, the actual tasting. Taste from a spoon turned upside down and place the gelato directly onto your tongue to make sure you’re using all 10,000 of your trusty taste buds.
- While you’re there, why don’t you take another scoopful (how can you resist?) and this time think about the texture. Gelato is known to be smooth and creamy, so make sure that requirement is met.
- Have a cup of water nearby to rinse out your mouth between flavours and then start again!
- Your tongue and taste buds must be prepared for the job. The day before, minimise chilli and hot food to ensure your palate is cleansed and taste buds are undamaged. Please have a small breakfast on the day of to ensure your taste buds are at their most receptive. You’ll leave full, don’t worry.
When asked about the dream task, Gelatissimo’s product innovation specialist, Anna Temellini said: “It’s important that we’re constantly innovating to create delicious new flavours.
“Throwing a fresh perspective into the mix is vital to ensure we stay on top of our game. Plus it’s not fair that I get to have all the fun.”
Tough job but someone’s gotta do it. The full ad is currently listed on Airtasker – just tell them why you’re the best person for the job at airtasker.com/tasks/gelato-master-taster-required-16548039/.