After more than 120 entries from single men working in media, marketing and advertising across Australia, the winner of this year’s coveted COSMOPOLITAN Media Bachelor of the Year has been revealed, along with the 29 other finalists in the running to win the Bachie title.
Southern Cross Austereo radio announcer Jesse Lawrence has taken the crown as the most eligible man in media. The 29-year-old Perth native, who now lives in Sydney’s Bondi, works as an announcer on 2Day FM in addition to being a global presenter for music festivals across the world.
Commenting on the win, Lawrence said, “I’m honestly so humbled and flattered to be chosen. What an honour! Thanks to everyone who voted for me and I can’t wait to meet all the guys in the Top 30.”
Fiorella Di Santo, director of sales at Bauer Media added, “Congratulations to Jesse for being named COSMOPOLITAN’s Media Bachelor of the Year. The competition, as always, was incredibly tough from our single male colleagues working in media and we thank all of those that put themselves forward.”
Lawrence now joins the Top 30 bachelors of 2016 who are also announced today.
COSMOPOLITAN partnered with Tinder for this year’s competition, with 16 of the top 30 bachelors selected via the app during a nomination process that allowed the public to swipe right for their favourite bachelor.
The voting process now moves online, letting Australia choose their 2016 Bachelor of the Year.
The winner will be announced at the Cosmo/Tinder Bachelor Party in February, and for the first time, members of the public are able to purchase tickets to what will be one of the hottest parties of the year.
COSMOPOLITAN editor Claire Askew said, “COSMOPOLITAN generally focuses on celebrating women; however, we’re excited to be helping celebrate the great men in Australia. This year is about more than just the actors, singers and models (although they are there!); it’s a celebration of all the amazing guys out there.
“Partnering with Tinder has allowed us to reach a whole new range of bachelors, and we can’t wait to see who the public chooses as their 2016 Bachelor of the Year.”
The top 30 Bachelors (who’s photos/votes you can check out here) are:
- Andrew Clements (TINDER) – Broadcasting Student and Part-Time Model
- Ash Williams – Comedian
- Ben Cameron (TINDER) – Mechanic and Topless Waiter
- Brando Hasick – Fitness Trainer at Body by Brando
- Brendan Booth (TINDER) – Underwater Construction Supervisor
- Craig Dunlop – NT News Journalist
- Cyrus Villanueva – Singer
- Dave Bullen (TINDER) – New Homes Consultant
- David Muzic (TINDER) – Carpenter
- Ethan Munday (TINDER) – Primary School Teaching Student
- Evan Brown (TINDER) – Bar Manager at Wild Rover
- Griffin Bellette (TINDER) – Student
- Ishak Issa – Actor
- James Ray (TINDER) – Plumber and Bar Co-Owner
- Jason Smith – NovaFM Presenter
- Jesse Lawrence – Presenter and Voice-Over Artist
- Joe Klocek – Actor
- Josh Cole (TINDER) – Combat Systems Operator in the Royal Australian Navy
- Julian Cincotta – Chef/Co-Owner of Butter and Thievery restaurants
- Jye Wilson (TINDER) – Carpenter
- Lachlan Dornauf (TINDER) – Commercial Real Estate Agent
- Michael Newman (TINDER) – Landscaper
- Michael Roeger – Paralympic Athlete
- Philly – Rapper
- Roger Mushtaq (TINDER) – Customer Service Representative
- Ryan Anderson (TINDER) – RSPCA Inspector
- Theo Tarpinian (TINDER) – Model, Music Engineer and Fitness Trainer
- Tim Simona – Wests Tigers Player
- Tom Tilley – Triple J Hack host
- Zeke Simat – Model
To vote for your favourite bachelor go to http://www.cosmopolitan.com.au/votebachelor.
Western Australian retailer Liquor Barons has partnered with audience engagement platform Komo to make weekly bottle shop runs more special. To launch its new engagement hub, the team at Liquor Barons are giving away a $5000 audio package through an Aussie Slang trivia challenge for users. Hub visitors can also engage in a Gage Roads […]
Interpublic Group has announced that Team Dynamic has been appointed the regional production and operations partner for the BMW Group in nine markets following a competitive multi-agency pitch. The win consolidates remit across eleven markets with IPG, following Team Dynamic’s appointment as production partner in Japan and India in early 2021. New markets include Australia, […]
Aussie food tech company and meat-free specialists, All G Foods, has commissioned Sydney-based agency, The One Centre to lead the positioning and branding for its stable of brands. The One Centre will now be responsible for all of All G Food’s positioning and branding, as well as that of plant-based ‘meat’ brand Buds, creating the […]