Unless you’ve been living under a rock, or somewhere without WiFi connection, you’ve surely heard about Cannes in Cairns, our three-day adland bonanza.
Forget about the south of France. This year, it’s all about Tropical North Queensland, baby!
With an average temp of 28 degrees day AND night, and a stellar line-up of speakers, events, and a mystery guest in store, it’s the must-not-miss-event of 2021 … maybe even of the decade.
You’ll be doing your bit to stimulate the Aussie economy, and ScoMo’s even shouting half the airfare!
If all of that is tickling your fancy, say no more and head HERE to buy your ticket.
Or, let us persuade you with a sneak peek of some of the events and panels, and keep your eyes peeled for more to come.
Our first night will involve the Burning Cairn(s) Welcome Dinner, a true-blue Cairns spectacular with food, wine, and at the centre of it all: a sugar cane burning ceremony.
We also have an impressive lineup of panels, including:
- The One that Got Away, looking at the winning campaigns from this year’s Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity with Tara Ford and Seamus Higgins.
- Media Investment, bringing you red-hot analysis of the evolving media landscape with Virginia Hyland and Kristiaan Kroon. Make sure to hold onto those investment dollars till August!
- Embracing the Female Gaze, where leading female creatives including Dee Madigan and B&T‘s 30 Under 30 Grand Prix winner, Anais Read, will analyse and share the work that motivates them.
- Spotlight on New Zealand, led by Kim Pick, will focus on the stunning work coming out of our favourite neighbours, travel bubble or no.
- Creativity in eCommerce, where Jane Lu will share her tips and tricks for making your brand stand out in the digital world.
- Spotlight on Asia will see Wez Hawes and Elaine Li discuss the lessons Aussie advertisers can take from the creative hubs of China, Japan and Korea.
- Fad or Future, led by Douglas Nicol, will give you all the gossip on which tech trends will stick around to revolutionise the industry, and which will disappear into the ether.
And, of course, it would be remiss of us not to mention our mystery guest. We can’t reveal too much for now, but trust us – it’s going to be pretty bloody exciting.
Thank you so much to our principal sponsor, Pinterest, and all of our other supporters, for making Cannes in Cairns happen.
Remember, you can buy tickets HERE. We can’t wait to see you there!
Freedom Foods and 72andSunny Sydney have launched the first advertising campaign for Australia’s Own range of plant-based beverages. The campaign introduces a new visual world and identity for the brand and captures the healthy, positive feeling you get when spending time in nature and when consuming Australia’s Own certified-organic, plant-based beverages. As well as featuring […]
Nine creatives from APAC are among the 94 finalists from 27 countries in The One Club for Creativity’s prestigious Young Guns 19 competition, celebrating international creative professionals age 30 or younger. The finalists from APAC are: Hiu Ching Kung, graphic designer, Hong Kong Lam Ieong Kun, graphic designer, illustrator, indego design, Macau Raxenne Maniquiz, graphic designer, illustrator, Santa Maria (Philippines) Kiyotaka […]
OOH transit company Adflow has announced the success of the first phase of its regional expansion program. Adflow’s regional footprint has increased by 60 per cent to now include 65 regional locations. With 9.1 million people living regionally in Australia (growth of 1.1 per cent experienced in the 19/20 Financial year) and most regional centres […]
Freshworks, a leading software company, has started trading on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, marking an important milestone for the company. The company priced its IPO at US$36 per share (AU$49.76), raising about US$1 billion (AU$1.4B), resulting in a total market capitalisation of AU$13.7 billion (US$10B). Freshworks, which was founded in India, has strong roots […]
Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM) is the biggest player in the holiday shopping game and Google’s most recent research suggests consumer interest for the peak sales season starts much earlier than retailers may realise. The pandemic has fundamentally changed buyer behaviour over peak sales season, with Google suggesting that global consumer interest in Black Friday […]