The finalists for the 41st AWARD Awards have been announced today across all categories.
By section, those agencies with the most finalists include:
- Advertising – DDB Group New Zealand with 25; CHE Proximity and The Monkeys with 16; Clemenger BBDO Wellington and Special Group Australia with 11; BMF, DDB Sydney and TBWA/Sydney with 8; TBWA/Melbourne with 7 and Leo Burnett Melbourne 6.
- Design – DDB Group New Zealand, Raydar and TBWA\HAKUHODO with 3; BMF, CHE Proximity, Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development, Houston Group, Liquorish Brand and Digital, Rabbit Content, TBWA\India, and The Monkeys with 2.
- Craft – Revolver/Will O’Rourke with 24; FINCH with 18; Good Oil with 17; Sweetshop with 10; DDB Group New Zealand and Scoundrel with 9; Alt.vfx, CHE Proximity and The Editors with 6; ARC Edit, Assembly, DDB Sydney and TBWA\Sydney with 6.
- Film & Entertainment – BMF with 14; DDB Group New Zealand with 9; DDB Sydney and The Monkeys with 8, CHE Proximity with 5, Special Group Australia with 4, and Bear Meets Eagle on Fire and FINCH with 3.
- Innovation – CHE Proximity and Leo Burnett Melbourne with 2; Clemenger BBDO Sydney, DDB Group New Zealand, LIDA Australia and Ogilvy Sydney all with 1.
- Media – DDB Group New Zealand with 4; CHE Proximity and Special Group Australia with 3 and M&C Saatchi with 2.
- Purpose – CHE Proximity with 6; Ogilvy Group Thailand, TBWA\HAKUHODO, TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno and The Monkeys all with 2.
- Planning (APG Creative Strategy) – BMF with 9; Clemenger BBDO Wellington with 6; DDB Sydney and Host/Havas with 3; CHE Proximity, M&C Saatchi and whiteGREY all with 2.
- Planning (Brand Building) – only winners will be announced.
A full list of finalists can be accessed here.
The AWARD Awards ceremony will take place on Friday 27 March 2020 at The Venue, Alexandria as the culmination of a three-day AWARD Creative Festival that will incorporate live judging to award metal as well as a number of other events.
Tickets are available here.
Chairs for the Juries are:
Digital – Craig Brooks
Press, Poster and The Dark Arts – Sarah Barclay
Media Thinking – Russ Tucker, TBWA’s Eleven PR \ FH
Impact – Pia Chaudhuri, BMF
Design – Michaela Webb, Round
Culture – Michael Hilliard, FINCH
Sound – Kim Pick, VMLY&R
Film – Jeff Goodby, Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
Craft in Motion – Wilf Sweetland, Sweetshop
Life-Changing – Tea Uglow, Google Creative Lab
APG Creative Strategy (1) – Andrew Howie, Amazon
APG Creative Strategy (2) – Sudeep Gohil, KPMG
Brand Building – Brent Smart, IAG
A full list of judges can be found here.
Please login with linkedin to commentawards
Verizon Media’s talent program has come to an end for the third year, closing with a hybrid pitch-off event for Musicians Making A Difference (MMAD). The Verizon Media Academy class of 2021, made up of 44 emerging leaders from across Australia and New Zealand media, advertising and marketing industry, were given just one hour to […]
Social purpose organisation UnLtd’s Big Games competition has raised a combined $85,000 for children and young people at risk. Running over five weeks, the competition involved 32 teams from across the advertising, marketing and media industries battling it out virtually for a chance to qualify for the Rocket League final. The tournament culminated in a […]
Stan has announced that the Stan Original Film Transfusion commenced filming in Sydney earlier this week and will premiere on Stan in 2022. Transfusion is a taut, muscular thriller starring Sam Worthington (Avatar) as Ryan Logan, a former Special Forces operative, who is battling to cope with life after the loss of his wife and is thrust […]
According to a decade of data collected by iStock, Australian brands turned to imagery depicting outdated gender stereotypes during the pandemic. Tracking the keyword ‘women’, iStock by Getty Images found that in 2020, ANZ brands and businesses reverted to gender stereotypes. Images of mothers home-schooling were used at almost twice the rate of images of […]
Schwartz Media is congratulating Maddison Connaughton on her three years as editor of The Saturday Paper. Connaughton has decided to finish up her editorship this month. “It’s been an honour to edit the paper,” Connaughton said. “The Saturday Paper is one of the brightest voices in Australian media and I have been happy to see […]
Research from EdBbirdie using Spotify data has identified the most popular songs to study to. After analysing thousands of studying and homework playlists on Spotify, American singer Olivia Rodrigo’s ‘drivers license’ came out as top song to study to. It featured on 48 study playlists, while other top songs included ‘Ophelia’ by The Lumineers, ‘Falling’ […]
Dayna Stewart is the Business Director – Digital Marketing, Media & Creative Services at The Nudge Group. Here, she discusses the challenges that come with building a successful marketing team when working remotely. Before COVID-19 changed the way businesses work, most marketing teams spent their days together in a meeting room collaborating on the next […]
The line-up for the 2021 iHeartRadio Music Festival has been announced as the legendary event returns live in Las Vegas in September. This year, the epic two-day lineup for the iHeartRadio Music Festival main stage will feature performances by Billie Eilish, Cheap Trick, Coldplay, Dua Lipa, Florida Georgia Line, Journey, Khalid, Lil Baby, Maroon 5, Nelly, […]
Shop! ANZ is calling on shopper and retail marketing professionals from all retail related disciplines to participate in the first ANZ Shopper and Retail Marketing Industry Survey in four years. This important research provides a guide of where the retail marketing industry in Australia and New Zealand has come from and what is anticipated to […]