Amber Harrison spent much of last week telling anyone who’d listen her failed case against Channel Seven was one of poor girl wronged by “a boy’s club” with very deep pockets.
However, what’s gone missing in the reporting is the fact that Harrison, during her employment at Pacific Magazines, misappropriated company credit cards allegedly to the tune of $200,000. It has been previously reported that Harrison admitted to at least $60,000 of the missing monies.
Seven have now audited the expenses and apparently leaked the information to News Corp media; which many may argue is one final attempt to discredit Tim Worner’s former mistress.
A report on News’ Herald Sun over the weekend outlines Harrison’s personal largesse while employed at Pacific Mag’s as the PA to CEO, Nick Chan. It has been reported previously that Harrison had access to Chan’s computer that allowed her to sign off her own expenses.
The allegations include:
• Harrison personally pocketed $700 staff had collected for a colleague’s 25th wedding anniversary and then charged the cost of the gift to Seven’s credit cards.
• Harrison allegedly told a colleague she could get a good deal on a coffee machine. The colleague paid Harrison $400 who, in turn, charged the cost of the machine to Seven.
• Two pairs of $580 ACNE Pistol boots were charged to Seven’s cards.
• Seven’s investigation revealed $872 in shoes from high-end designer e-tailer Net-a-Porter as well as a further $522 for “matte satin high heels” were “incorrectly” charged to Seven’s cards.
• A pair of Michael Kors palm print mid-rise skinny jeans which were charged for a fashion shoot.
• A $173 hair appointment was charged for Michelle Bridges to attend Seven’s Christmas party, an event Bridges never attended.
• Seven also allege Harrison charged an eight-night holiday to Hamilton Island for herself and then boyfriend to the cards.
• Harrison also charged personal trips to the Gold Coast and Bali to Seven.
• Harrison also charged $3600 for a client dinner in the office which turned out to be entertainment for Chan’s birthday party at his home.
Harrison has not responded to the allegations and remains under court-order banning her from speaking about her time at Seven or her affair with Worner.
B&T went through the looking glass this morning, with editor-in-chief David Hovenden (above) appearing on Channel 7’s The Morning Show to get the general public involved in our search for Australia’s Greatest Ad. Hovenden chatted with Kylie Gillies and stand-in host Matt Doran about what makes a great ad and showcasing some of our favourites […]
Two Australian-born technology providers have joined forces to bring more power and choice to marketers in Australia and New Zealand with mobile messaging that is more local, cost-effective, and integrated. It’s a partnership that sees two Australian software companies come together to deliver a world-class mobile-first solution for marketers building data-driven, personalised, omnichannel campaigns. While […]
Zitcha and Broadsign have teamed up to integrate the Broadsign out-of-home (OOH) advertising platform with Zitcha’s retail media platform. The collaboration empowers retailers to maximise and monetise in-store digital display networks and enables advertising partners to easily view and book available in-store inventory and review campaign performance alongside the retailer’s other media channels. With the […]
Today, 7-Eleven has announced a one-of-a-kind collaboration with the popular Sydney-based anti-resort wear label Double Rainbouu. Dropping tomorrow, December 1, just in time for summer, this limited-edition capsule will infuse the fashion brand’s rebellious spirit with a distinctly iconic 7-Eleven flavour. The unisex collection features five must-have styles comprising two signature Hawaiian shirts, a peaked cap, a bucket hat […]
Australian property site realestate.com.au has announced the extension of its partnership with the Sydney Swans for two further seasons. Lead image: Tom Harley, Owen Wilson and Tom McCartin realestate.com.au has partnered with the Swans since 2016 and has called the back of the club’s iconic guernsey home since becoming a major partner in 2020. This […]
Leading independent media agency, Avenue C, is thrilled to announce the appointment of Paula Lopes as Digital Director. Paula, a seasoned professional with over 17 years experience in the media industry, joins Avenue C from her role as Chief Operations Manager of KINESSO (merger of Reprise, Matterkind, and Kinesso specialities).
oOh!media brought together more than 260 of its sales, operations, commercial, marketing, finance and leadership teams last week for its national annual revenue and growth conference. Held over two days at the picturesque Rydges Resort in Hunter Valley, the event ‘Fusing people and performance’ focussed on how to build a high-performance mindset and how it […]