It’s meant to be a time of relaxation and celebration, but for many parents, the festive season is a lot of hard work.
Created by AJF, Target’s new Christmas campaign dramatises this reality.
A mum and dad traverse epic landscapes and travel to whimsical places in search of the best tree, decorations and gifts. Their effort and determination are sweet – but evidently, it’s exhausting.
It’s only at the end of their journey that they discover everything they could ever need for the perfect Christmas in one place – Target.
Target General Manager of Marketing, Mark Verbrugge, said of the campaign: “With the great work Target has done in making the quality of our products and shopping experience both online and in-store better, naturally we wanted families all over the country to look at Target as the better destination for all things Christmas.
“This campaign celebrates the breadth and quality of our offering which ultimately helps to create memorable and meaningful moments for our customers and their families.”
Executive Creative Director at AJF, Josh Stephens, added: “Parents put so much hard work into making Christmas special for their families. This campaign is all about acknowledging the exhausting lengths we go to, but also highlighting how Target can make it so much easier to find all the special things we need.
“Target has really stepped up the quality and style of their Christmas collection, and we wanted to deliver that message with a knowing smile.”
Client – Target
- General Manager, Marketing: Mark Verbrugge
- Head of Brand Communication and Customer Experience: Nicole Gillard
- Head of Creative: Nunzio Miano
- Marketing Manager Brand & Communications: Laurelle Esse
- Marketing Specialist: Hannah Summerill
Agency – AJF Partnership
- Executive Creative Director: Josh Stephens
- Head of Strategy: Pieter-Paul Von Weiler
- Group Account Director: Emily Pockley
- Creative Director: George Freckleton
- Copywriter: Carly Dallwitz
- Art Director: Jess van der Vlierd
- Senior Account Manager: Lucy Bell
- Senior Producer: Liesel Haug
- Planner: Hayley Read
- Production company: Sweetshop
- Director: Joel Harmsworth
- Producer: Niko Aulich
- Executive Producer: Greg Fyson
- Managing Director: Edward Pontifex
- Offline / Grade / Online: Arc Edit
- Editor: Graeme Pereira
- Music Studio: Rumble Studios
- Composer: Adam Moses
- Music Executive Producer: Michael Gie
- Sound: Final Sound
Media – OMD
- Business Director: Mandie Gilchrist
- Account Manager: Andy Mitchell
As part of L’Oréal’s global corporate governance process, which sees a media review completed every four years, L’Oréal Australia and New Zealand have appointed GroupM agency Wavemaker as its new media agency from 1st October 2021. The review process was overseen by Ebiquity, an independent advisor to manage the process on behalf of L’Oréal Australia and […]
Logo designer BrandCrowd has created its own logo to align with the federal government’s ‘Arm Yourself’ vaccine campaign. Taking inspiration from the iconic World War Two image of Rosie the Riveter, the logo was created by a network of designers. According to BrandCrowd, “with the Australian government’s COVID-19 vaccination rollout under increasing scrutiny and accompanying […]
Nova 919 has announced that Jodie Oddy will officially join the station, with The Jodie Oddy Show set to kickstart Nova’s weekends. An Adelaide radio favourite and one of the most enduring and successful female media personalities in SA, Oddy joins Nova with over 13 years breakfast radio experience and is excited to be getting […]
Jacqueline Gonzales [featured image] is the Head of Global Marketing at Squarespace. In this piece, she shares her best pieces of advice for launching a campaign globally. It’s estimated that we see between 6,000 to 10,000 ads every single day. In today’s digital landscape we’re constantly bombarded by so many different brand messages from every […]