It’s meant to be a time of relaxation and celebration, but for many parents, the festive season is a lot of hard work.
Created by AJF, Target’s new Christmas campaign dramatises this reality.
A mum and dad traverse epic landscapes and travel to whimsical places in search of the best tree, decorations and gifts. Their effort and determination are sweet – but evidently, it’s exhausting.
It’s only at the end of their journey that they discover everything they could ever need for the perfect Christmas in one place – Target.
Target General Manager of Marketing, Mark Verbrugge, said of the campaign: “With the great work Target has done in making the quality of our products and shopping experience both online and in-store better, naturally we wanted families all over the country to look at Target as the better destination for all things Christmas.
“This campaign celebrates the breadth and quality of our offering which ultimately helps to create memorable and meaningful moments for our customers and their families.”
Executive Creative Director at AJF, Josh Stephens, added: “Parents put so much hard work into making Christmas special for their families. This campaign is all about acknowledging the exhausting lengths we go to, but also highlighting how Target can make it so much easier to find all the special things we need.
“Target has really stepped up the quality and style of their Christmas collection, and we wanted to deliver that message with a knowing smile.”
Client – Target
- General Manager, Marketing: Mark Verbrugge
- Head of Brand Communication and Customer Experience: Nicole Gillard
- Head of Creative: Nunzio Miano
- Marketing Manager Brand & Communications: Laurelle Esse
- Marketing Specialist: Hannah Summerill
Agency – AJF Partnership
- Executive Creative Director: Josh Stephens
- Head of Strategy: Pieter-Paul Von Weiler
- Group Account Director: Emily Pockley
- Creative Director: George Freckleton
- Copywriter: Carly Dallwitz
- Art Director: Jess van der Vlierd
- Senior Account Manager: Lucy Bell
- Senior Producer: Liesel Haug
- Planner: Hayley Read
- Production company: Sweetshop
- Director: Joel Harmsworth
- Producer: Niko Aulich
- Executive Producer: Greg Fyson
- Managing Director: Edward Pontifex
- Offline / Grade / Online: Arc Edit
- Editor: Graeme Pereira
- Music Studio: Rumble Studios
- Composer: Adam Moses
- Music Executive Producer: Michael Gie
- Sound: Final Sound
Media – OMD
- Business Director: Mandie Gilchrist
- Account Manager: Andy Mitchell
From Friday, December 4, Snapchatters and Bitmoji users will be able to pair with their own Bitmoji avatars with Levi’s casualwear apparel. The Levi’s x Bitmoji designs will also appear across a variety of experiences on Snapchat including Chat and games, on the Snap Map and in Lenses. All products will be available for purchase […]
John Chaplin (pictured), former Chief Product Officer of Hogarth Australia and Co-founder of award winning digital agency Fusion, has launched a new digital product design company, Diagram. Based in Sydney, Diagram are a collective of creators and makers who partner with individuals, agencies, startups, business and industry to design and build considered, elegant digital products. […]
After announcing the mega acquisition of workplace chat company Slack yesterday, tech giant Salesforce has made a raft of announcements as part of this year’s annual Dreamforce event, which has been held virtually. Headlining the announcements was news of Salesforce Hyperforce, which comes as a reimagination of the company’s platform architecture built to securely and […]