Sky News on WIN, a new dedicated 24-hour news channel, will launch on Sunday 2 September at 6am AEST on the WIN Network’s Channel 53 in northern NSW and Channel 83 across all other WIN areas.
For the first time, more Australians can watch award-winning Sky News national affairs programming featuring the country’s leading commentators and political insiders including Paul Murray, David Speers, Andrew Bolt, Laura Jayes, Kieran Gilbert, Ashleigh Gillon, Peta Credlin and Alan Jones.
Sky News on WIN will give free-to-air viewers a taste of the premium Sky News offering available on Foxtel, with programs including Credlin, The Bolt Report, Outsiders, Jones & Co, Richo, Politics HQ, Paul Murray LIVE and Kenny on Sunday.
The channel line-up will also feature leading political programs SPEERS, SPEERS on Sunday and AM Agenda, plus LIVE coverage of Question Time during parliamentary sitting weeks.
The expert team of meteorologists and reporters from Sky News Weather will bring the latest regional weather updates, while the team at FOX SPORTS News will provide unrivalled sports news coverage.
Weekdays from 6:00am-8:30am on Sky News on WIN, Sky News anchor Jaynie Seal hosts new breakfast program Headline News that will also simulcast on WIN Channel 008/080 and Sky News Weather, Foxtel Channel 603.
Free-to-air viewers can tune into Headline News on Sky News on WIN and WIN’s main channel every morning for fresh news headlines every 15 minutes and everything they need to know across news, sport and weather.
Also airing on Sky News on WIN, Warren Mundine will host a second season of Mundine Means Business highlighting the success and entrepreneurship of Australia’s Indigenous communities.
Sky News on WIN will broadcast in 30 markets across WIN’s regional network throughout Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia, and state-wide across Tasmania and the Australian Capital Territory.
Australian News Channel CEO Angelos Frangopoulos said: “We are excited to announce our program line-up for Sky News on WIN including the launch of Headline News which will provide viewers with a snapshot of the news they need to know for the day ahead, featuring for the first time in a breakfast show, content from across regional Australia thanks to the resources of WIN News.”
WIN Network CEO Andrew Lancaster added: “Sky News on WIN is a great addition to WIN Network and we are very excited about the line-up of news programs and expert commentators that viewers in regional Australia will now enjoy.
“Headline News will be simulcast on WIN’s main channel as well as Sky News on WIN which will provide our viewers with a live breakfast news program with a focus on regional issues.”
Only on Foxtel will viewers be able to access the full suite of Sky News content, including five LIVE 24/7 Sky News channels and the dedicated FOX SPORTS News channel, also available on the go with the Foxtel app and as part of the news offering on Foxtel’s streaming service, Foxtel Now.
SKY NEWS ON WIN – PROGRAM SCHEDULE OVERVIEW
(Channel 83 across WIN’s regional network and Channel 53 across Northern NSW):
- Sky News Weather (Every day LIVE at 5:00am)
- FOX SPORTS News (Every day at LIVE 5:30am)
- Headline News with Jaynie Seal (Weekdays LIVE at 6:00am)
- AM Agenda with Kieran Gilbert (Weekdays LIVE at 8:30am)
- Live Now with Ashleigh Gillon (Monday – Wednesdays LIVE at 10:00am); with Tom Connell (Thursday and Fridays LIVE at 10:00am)
- All Australian News (Weekdays at 11:00am)
- FOX SPORTS News (Every day LIVE at 12:00pm)
- SPEERS with David Speers (Monday – Thursdays LIVE at 4:00pm)
- The Friday Show with Rita Panahi (Fridays LIVE at 4:00pm)
- FOX SPORTS News (Monday- Fridays LIVE at 5:00pm)
- Credlin with Peta Credlin (Weeknights LIVE at 6:00pm)
- The Bolt Report with Andrew Bolt (Weeknights LIVE at 7:00pm)
- Outsiders with Ross Cameron and Rowan Dean (Monday and Thursdays LIVE at 8:00pm, Sundays LIVE at 9:00am)
- Jones & Co with Alan Jones and Peta Credlin (Tuesdays LIVE at 8:00pm)
- Richo with Graham Richardson (Wednesdays LIVE at 8:00pm)
- Politics HQ with Nicholas Reece (Fridays LIVE at 8:00pm)
- Paul Murray LIVE with Paul Murray (Sunday – Thursdays LIVE from 9:00pm – 10:00pm)
- Hardgrave with Gary Hardgrave (Fridays LIVE at 9:00pm)
- FOX SPORTS News LIVE rolling coverage (Saturdays from 5:30am)
- SPEERS on Sunday with David Speers (Sundays LIVE at 8:00am)
- Mundine Means Business with Warren Mundine (Sundays at 5:00pm)
- The Adam Giles Show with Adam Giles (Sundays LIVE at 6:00pm)
- Kenny on Sunday with Chris Kenny (Sundays LIVE at 7:00pm)
- Heads Up with Janine Perrett (Monday – Thursdays LIVE at 11:00pm) and Peter Gleeson (Fridays LIVE at 11:00pm)
*Times in AEST
The WIN Network is Australia’s largest regional commercial television network, broadcasting to more of regional Australia than any other regional commercial network, with a potential audience reach of more than eight million.
WIN is the only TV network in regional Australia producing 16 dedicated half-hour local news bulletins each weekday.
It is the largest producer of regional news bulletins in the country, with a long-standing commitment to providing local content and a local voice for its viewers.
Australian News Channel is a wholly owned subsidiary of News Corp Australia and delivers more news and national affairs to Australian audiences than any other network.
Sky News is Australia’s leading 24-hour multi-channel, multi-platform national news provider, delivering news you can trust, opinions you can’t ignore.
Sky News recently announced its highest half-yearly ratings on record, now reaching more than one million Australians every week on Foxtel alone.
With strong audience gains across its weeknight primetime and new Sunday evening schedule, Sky News is now one of the leading channels on subscription television and number one across Foxtel in key evening timeslots.
Please login with linkedin to commentSky News
Avid Collective has officially announced the appointment of former Scout Publishing and Junkee Media executive Niki Jones (lead image) as its new head of enablement operations. In the newly created role, Jones will be responsible for overseeing operational activities across various arms of business with a focus on partner engagement. “Niki’s appointment comes at an […]
Brand extension agency Asembl has whipped up a wonder in every bite with the partnering of Streets’ Golden Gaytime and Griffin’s Marvels for the first ever Golden Gaytime Inspired Biscuits. Available now from Coles stores nationally and online, the Griffin’s Marvels Golden Gaytime Inspired Biscuits are a wonder in every bite – irresistible Golden Gaytime […]