Not only did B&T honour the best and brightest females at the Women in Media Awards on Friday night via a number of categories, we once again compiled a list of the most powerful women in the industry.
Starting with 300 names, B&T spent weeks whittling that number down to 30, which was bloody hard, might we add!
After finishing sixth on last year’s Women in Media Power List, OMD Australia chief executive Aimee Buchanan found herself at the top of the list for 2018.
Accepting the accolade, Buchanan gave a special shout out to her supportive husband said she was proud to be setting a positive example for her daughter.
Check out the Women in Media Power List in full below:
- Aimee Buchanan – CEO, OMD Australia
- Cathy O’Connor – CEO, NOVA Entertainment
- Tracey Fellows – CEO and executive director, REA Group
- Melinda Geertz – CEO, Leo Burnett Australia
- Katie Rigg-Smith – CEO, Mindshare Australasia
- Kimberlee Wells – CEO, TBWA\Melbourne and Adelaide
- Emily Perrett – managing director, Clemenger BBDO Sydney
- Imogen Hewitt – group managing director, Havas Media Australia
- Nicola Lewis – chief investment officer, GroupM
- Virginia Hyland – founder and principal, Hyland Media
- Lesley Edwards – CEO, Ikon Communications
- Nickie Scriven – CEO, Zenith Australia
- Lizzie Young – group content strategy director, Nine Entertainment Co.
- Kirsty Muddle – owner and founding partner, Cummins&Partners
- Fiorella Di Santo – general manager of publishing, Bauer Media Australia
- Julia Zaetta – editor, Better Homes & Gardens
- Nicole Taylor – CEO, McCann Australia
- Edwina McCann – editor-in-chief, Vogue Australia
- Melissa Fein – CEO, Initiative Australia
- Fiona Johnston – CEO, UM Australia
- Nicole Byers – editor, The Australian Women’s Weekly
- Lorraine Jokovic – CEO, LOUD
- Monique Macleod – CMO, Commonwealth Bank
- Stephanie Tully – executive manager of group brand and marketing/CMO, Qantas
- Mia Freedman – co-founder and content director, Mamamia
- Megan Brownlow – partner, PwC Australia
- Sunita Gloster – CMO Advisory, PwC Australia
- Kieran Moore – chair, opr/CEO of PR and PA, WPP AUNZ
- Kim Portrate – CEO, ThinkTV Australia
- Dee Madigan – owner and executive creative director, Campaign Edge
And to find out who took home which gong at this year’s Women in Media Awards, click here.
Culture-leading publisher Highsnobiety continues to evolve its local operations with the appointment of Citizens of Culture as its strategic partner across media operations within Australia. Highsnobiety is a premium global brand dedicated to cultural pioneers, with work spanning across digital platforms, print media, documentaries, cutting edge events, a shopping platform and a full service creative […]
An investigation by British broadcaster ITV has found that Amazon is destroying millions of items in unsold or returned stock. The report specifically focuses on one of the 24 warehouses the company has in the UK. According to ITV News, the destroyed items are largely unused and new, either returned items or those which never […]
Australian fashion brand Witchery has partnered with B Corp GlamCorner as part of GlamCorner’s subscription box offering as the demand for everyday essentials soars. This partnership marks another milestone for the Australian fashion industry towards becoming more circular and introducing more paths to reduce textile waste. Customers nationally will be able to rent more of […]
The media, marketing and creative industries are being encouraged to host their own ‘Curry Club for COVID’ before 30th June to help meet the ambitious $100k target set by its organisers. Curry Club for COVID, which was conceived by long-time adtech executive Peter Bray, sales director at Impact, and is powered by industry social purpose organisation […]
The UnLtd Cup is returning for its tenth consecutive year, marking a decade of soccer shenanigans that’s raised nearly $500,000 for children’s mental health charity, KidsXpress. On July 22-23rd, 28 teams from across the industry will battle it out on the soccer field in the two-day tournament at Sydney University Sports and Fitness Centre, Darlington. […]
Australian-bred company Ultra Commerce has acquired New Zealand-based company Vesta eCommerce, a global software business providing leading product data management solutions. The recent acquisition is a significant move for the business, which is Australian born, owned, and headquartered, but has built out a global presence as it pursues rapid growth in the eCommerce market. Connecting […]
Canteen’s latest campaign features the combined talents of Director Luna Laure and creative agency Crater. The campaign strives to raise awareness for young people affected by cancer. The awareness campaign centres around Harry Barentson, who at 12 years of age found out his pregnant mum had cancer. The campaign aims to bring awareness to Canteen’s […]