Not only did B&T honour the best and brightest females at the Women in Media Awards on Friday night via a number of categories, we once again compiled a list of the most powerful women in the industry.
Starting with 300 names, B&T spent weeks whittling that number down to 30, which was bloody hard, might we add!
After finishing sixth on last year’s Women in Media Power List, OMD Australia chief executive Aimee Buchanan found herself at the top of the list for 2018.
Accepting the accolade, Buchanan gave a special shout out to her supportive husband said she was proud to be setting a positive example for her daughter.
Check out the Women in Media Power List in full below:
- Aimee Buchanan – CEO, OMD Australia
- Cathy O’Connor – CEO, NOVA Entertainment
- Tracey Fellows – CEO and executive director, REA Group
- Melinda Geertz – CEO, Leo Burnett Australia
- Katie Rigg-Smith – CEO, Mindshare Australasia
- Kimberlee Wells – CEO, TBWA\Melbourne and Adelaide
- Emily Perrett – managing director, Clemenger BBDO Sydney
- Imogen Hewitt – group managing director, Havas Media Australia
- Nicola Lewis – chief investment officer, GroupM
- Virginia Hyland – founder and principal, Hyland Media
- Lesley Edwards – CEO, Ikon Communications
- Nickie Scriven – CEO, Zenith Australia
- Lizzie Young – group content strategy director, Nine Entertainment Co.
- Kirsty Muddle – owner and founding partner, Cummins&Partners
- Fiorella Di Santo – general manager of publishing, Bauer Media Australia
- Julia Zaetta – editor, Better Homes & Gardens
- Nicole Taylor – CEO, McCann Australia
- Edwina McCann – editor-in-chief, Vogue Australia
- Melissa Fein – CEO, Initiative Australia
- Fiona Johnston – CEO, UM Australia
- Nicole Byers – editor, The Australian Women’s Weekly
- Lorraine Jokovic – CEO, LOUD
- Monique Macleod – CMO, Commonwealth Bank
- Stephanie Tully – executive manager of group brand and marketing/CMO, Qantas
- Mia Freedman – co-founder and content director, Mamamia
- Megan Brownlow – partner, PwC Australia
- Sunita Gloster – CMO Advisory, PwC Australia
- Kieran Moore – chair, opr/CEO of PR and PA, WPP AUNZ
- Kim Portrate – CEO, ThinkTV Australia
- Dee Madigan – owner and executive creative director, Campaign Edge
And to find out who took home which gong at this year’s Women in Media Awards, click here.
Western Australian retailer Liquor Barons has partnered with audience engagement platform Komo to make weekly bottle shop runs more special. To launch its new engagement hub, the team at Liquor Barons are giving away a $5000 audio package through an Aussie Slang trivia challenge for users. Hub visitors can also engage in a Gage Roads […]
Interpublic Group has announced that Team Dynamic has been appointed the regional production and operations partner for the BMW Group in nine markets following a competitive multi-agency pitch. The win consolidates remit across eleven markets with IPG, following Team Dynamic’s appointment as production partner in Japan and India in early 2021. New markets include Australia, […]
Aussie food tech company and meat-free specialists, All G Foods, has commissioned Sydney-based agency, The One Centre to lead the positioning and branding for its stable of brands. The One Centre will now be responsible for all of All G Food’s positioning and branding, as well as that of plant-based ‘meat’ brand Buds, creating the […]