GQ Australia has celebrated its 20th anniversary and the 12th annual GQ Men of the Year Awards at a black tie gala at The Star in Sydney last night.
The GQ Men of the Year Awards presented by Audi recognise and honour extraordinary men and women who lead by example, striving for positive change, and achieving great success in their chosen field.
Here’s the list of this year’s winners:
- GQ Man of the Year in association with Audi – Joel Edgerton
- GQ Woman of the Year – Elizabeth Debicki
- International Man of Style – Lucky Blue Smith
- International Woman of the Year (in association with Paco Rabanne) – Emily Ratajkowski
- Actor of the Year (in association with Qantas) – Keiynan Lonsdale
- TV Actor of the Year – Dacre Montgomery
- Creative Force (in association with Grey Goose) – Cameron Bloom
- Sportsman of the Year (in association with The Star) – Robert Whittaker
- Team of the Year – Australian Invictus Games team
- Sporting Legend (in association with David Jones) – Kurt Fearnley
- GQ Legend (in association with David Jones) – Michael Clarke
- Media Personality of the Year (in association with Grey Goose) – Todd Sampson
- Breakthrough Sportsman of the Year – Ben Simmons
- Social Force (in association with Audi) – Andy Ridley
- Breakthrough Fashion Brand of the Year – Double Rainbouu
- Special Humanitarian Award – Walk Free Foundation
- Outstanding Achievement in Journalism – Hedley Thomas
- Breakthrough Artist of the Year – Jamie Preisz
- Innovation Award (in association with Audi) – Seabin Project
- Breakthrough Chef of the Year (in association with Audi) – Josh Niland
GQ Australia editor Michael Christensen said: “The GQ Men of the Year Awards presented by Audi are our chance to celebrate the country’s true inspirations; to champion the people who are making a difference in their fields; and to shine a light on the men and women deserving of the highest praise.
“Turning 20 years old, we have 20 winners – icons and legends from the past two decades alongside the breakout stars leading us into the future.
“For the past two decades, GQ has been the leading men’s lifestyle brand in Australia, instrumental in shaping every Aussie man because we have remained relevant and relatable to all – to the bachelor, the young father, the successful CEO, the eager grad, the creative type.
“Our goal has been, and continues to be, to help all men be their best selves. And judging by the evolution of Aussie blokes from loveable larrikins to progressive, sophisticated gentlemen of the world (sense of humour still in tact), it shows.”
A new report shows the need for brands and organisations to rethink their approaches to marketing and communications content in a post-pandemic world. The new report, titled Future of Content and part of opr’s Futures series, takes an in-depth look at the changing way audiences find, consume, make and share content in Australia and around the […]
Are Media has announced the appointment of a new chief executive officer to replace Brendon Hill. Jane Huxley is the new CEO and starts with Are Media on Monday 26 April. Huxley is a highly experienced executive with a background in digital and technology businesses. Most recently Huxley was the regional managing director for Spotify, […]
Expedia has announced a new brand direction as the world prepares for the return of travel demand. The online travel giant’s new global positioning is grounded in the understanding that who you travel with matters, and comes after months of customer research. From an updated look and feel to enhanced product offerings, Expedia is looking […]
Equity Mates Media, the number one finance and investing network for young Australians, has joined the Acast Creator Network. Its five podcasts, which are some of Australia’s favourites, will now be hosted and distributed by the creator-first podcast company Acast. Equity Mates Media was created to give everyday people the inspiration, information and confidence to […]
After an unprecedented year of challenges, iStock research has shown that Australians and New Zealanders are increasingly expecting businesses to communicate with greater empathy, both in terms of a brand’s language as well as its visuals. Celebrated globally on April 22, Earth Day presents a timely opportunity for businesses to put empathy into practice, iStock […]
Pinterest and Shopify have announced the expansion of their partnership to 27 additional countries. The partnership will provide more than 1.7 million Shopify merchants around the world with an easy way to bring their products to Pinterest and turn them into shoppable Product Pins to be discoverable across the platform. With the evolution of the […]