GQ Australia has celebrated its 20th anniversary and the 12th annual GQ Men of the Year Awards at a black tie gala at The Star in Sydney last night.
The GQ Men of the Year Awards presented by Audi recognise and honour extraordinary men and women who lead by example, striving for positive change, and achieving great success in their chosen field.
Here’s the list of this year’s winners:
- GQ Man of the Year in association with Audi – Joel Edgerton
- GQ Woman of the Year – Elizabeth Debicki
- International Man of Style – Lucky Blue Smith
- International Woman of the Year (in association with Paco Rabanne) – Emily Ratajkowski
- Actor of the Year (in association with Qantas) – Keiynan Lonsdale
- TV Actor of the Year – Dacre Montgomery
- Creative Force (in association with Grey Goose) – Cameron Bloom
- Sportsman of the Year (in association with The Star) – Robert Whittaker
- Team of the Year – Australian Invictus Games team
- Sporting Legend (in association with David Jones) – Kurt Fearnley
- GQ Legend (in association with David Jones) – Michael Clarke
- Media Personality of the Year (in association with Grey Goose) – Todd Sampson
- Breakthrough Sportsman of the Year – Ben Simmons
- Social Force (in association with Audi) – Andy Ridley
- Breakthrough Fashion Brand of the Year – Double Rainbouu
- Special Humanitarian Award – Walk Free Foundation
- Outstanding Achievement in Journalism – Hedley Thomas
- Breakthrough Artist of the Year – Jamie Preisz
- Innovation Award (in association with Audi) – Seabin Project
- Breakthrough Chef of the Year (in association with Audi) – Josh Niland
GQ Australia editor Michael Christensen said: “The GQ Men of the Year Awards presented by Audi are our chance to celebrate the country’s true inspirations; to champion the people who are making a difference in their fields; and to shine a light on the men and women deserving of the highest praise.
“Turning 20 years old, we have 20 winners – icons and legends from the past two decades alongside the breakout stars leading us into the future.
“For the past two decades, GQ has been the leading men’s lifestyle brand in Australia, instrumental in shaping every Aussie man because we have remained relevant and relatable to all – to the bachelor, the young father, the successful CEO, the eager grad, the creative type.