The federal government is now accepting requests from agencies to pitch for its highly sought-after master media contract, estimated to be worth around $175 million.
According to a notice posted on the AusTender website on Friday, the government is seeking to establish a single supplier arrangement for its master media agency (MMA) services.
The successful agency will be required to:
- secure optimal media discounts on Commonwealth-wide media rates by consolidating government advertising expenditure and buying power;
- optimise media planning and placement, and apply media industry knowledge and expertise to government advertising activities through the MMA services;
- reduce Commonwealth entities’ procurement costs by having one MMA deed and avoiding the need for entities to set up and manage their own media procurement processes;
- drive efficiencies through the implementation of evidence based campaign and non-campaign policies, by using advertising data to inform government’s decisions; and
- provide advice to government in relation to information and advertising campaigns and the performance of the MMA arrangement.
The closing date for the tender is Monday 11 December at 2pm (AEST).
It comes after the government announced in July it would invite media agencies to apply for the MMA services contract in the second quarter of the 2017-18 financial year.
Dentsu Mitchell has been handling the campaign-side of the contract since 2014, when it took over from UM.
The agency has also been responsible for all of the federal government’s non-campaign advertising after taking over from Adcorp in September last year.
Independent communications consultancy The Mint Partners has bolstered its integrated client roster and signed a number of premium lifestyle brands to kick start the new financial year. With an array of new products, services, and a focus on insight-led and creative integrated communications, MINT has enjoyed recent success with an expanded portfolio across new categories including fintech, […]
The Independent Media Agencies of Australia (IMAA) has launched its first radio advertising campaign in partnership with ARN to promote the benefits of independent media agencies to businesses. The radio campaign will launch across the ARN network today, which includes the KIIS and Pure Gold networks. It aims to promote the IMAA and the benefits […]
A feature length documentary on the extraordinary racing career of Australia’s first Formula 1 champion, Sir Jack Brabham, co-produced by design, animation and visual effects house Heckler, will be available on Stan exclusively from this Friday – 7 August. Directed by Ákos Armont (Aurora Films) in association with Heckler, whose co-founder Will Alexander served as […]
Seven today announced Beat The Chasers, a primetime special event series that supercharges its hit game show The Chase with over $500,000 up for grabs. For the first time ever, the greatest quiz brains in Australia will try to beat four of The Chasers at once to have a chance at winning a massive cash […]
In a first for the Australian insurance market, Club Marine, Australia’s largest provider of boat and pleasure-craft insurance, has released a new series of videos to help explain insurance cover. With a few familiar Aussie personalities to help out, Club Marine is helping its members, as well as the broader boating community, to understand the […]