NewsMediaWorks’ INFORM News Media Summit will feature an expanded CEO panel with media executives from news publishing, television and radio discussing the opportunities and issues that lie ahead and the vital role of quality journalism in all its forms.
The panel will feature News Corp Australasia executive chairman and NewsMediaWorks chairman Michael Miller, Fairfax Media CEO Greg Hywood, Network Ten CEO Paul Anderson, Macquarie Media chief operating officer Adam Lang, and Australian News Channel CEO Angelos Frangopoulos.
The panel will be moderated by Paul Murray, an award-winning broadcaster and host of Paul Murray Live on Sky News Australia.
For the first time, the event is open to non-members of NewsMediaWorks. INFORM will be held on Wednesday 6 September at ICC Sydney.
Joining keynote speaker and acclaimed author Rachel Botsman will be:
- Mark Ritson, controversial columnist and Adjunct Professor of Marketing at Melbourne Business School and a Visiting Professor at Singapore Management University.
- Earl Wilkinson, executive director and CEO of the International News Media Association.
- Nicole Sheffield, chief digital officer of News Corp Australia.
- Chris Janz, managing director of Australian metro publishing at Fairfax Media.
- Jacek Utko, one of the most awarded news media designers.
- Sumaiya Omar, social media consultant and founder of social video company HashtagOurStories.
The new scope of INFORM, previously known as the Future Forum, will feature discussion and participation from the wider news media sector incorporating print, digital, radio and TV.
NewsMediaWorks’ annual Newspaper of the Year Awards, sponsored by Norske Skog, and the Advertising and Marketing Awards, continue as part of the event line-up, with the coveted Newspaper of the Year awards gala dinner held at the conclusion of the summit.
Please login with linkedin to commentINFORM News Media Summit 2017
From the audio producer of The Teacher’s Pet comes The Elements, a new Acast Creator Network podcast hosted by Thredbo survivor Stuart Diver. The Elements is a podcast that journeys into the heart of surviving a natural disaster and will be hosted and distributed by the creator-first podcast company Acast as part of the Acast Creator […]
DoubleVerify has today announced enhancements to its brand safety and suitability solution that include the introduction of DV’s Brand Safety Floor as a turnkey option, extending Brand Suitability Tiers on YouTube, and more. Available to both advertisers and publishers since January 2021, Brand Suitability Tiers allow brands to align suitability settings with their own unique standards, […]