Australia pulled some serious rank at the 30th London International Awards, taking out a solid 67 statues overall.
Leo Burnett Sydney was the most awarded Australian agency, racking up 23 awards including four gold, while its Melbourne arm scored six awards of the silver and bronze variety.
In addition to its four gold medals, the Sydney agency took home four silver and nine bronze. Eleven of its show haul – including three gold – were for its ‘Men Like Us’ campaign for Bundaberg Rum.
Now in its 30th year as one of the most prestigious global awards shows, the LIAs attracted entries from the world’s best creative agencies, with 14,106 submissions from 78 countries, and only seven per cent attaining Shortlist status.
A number of Aussie agencies showed the world who’s boss, and because our website would crash if we tried to upload every single one of them, we’ve got the gold winners right here:
Leo Burnett Sydney
- GOLD – WWF ‘JUST’ – Packaging Design: Eco Packaging
- GOLD – Bundaberg Rum ‘Men Like Us Like Brave’ – Radio & Audio: Original Music
- GOLD – Bundaberg Rum ‘Men Like Us Like Polar Bears – Radio & Audio: Original Music
- GOLD – Bundaberg Rum ‘Men Like Us Like Tasting – Radio & Audio: Original Music
- GOLD – Humour for Optus & Netflix Offer titled “Did Ricky Gervais Just Do That To Optus?” – TV/Cinema/Online Film
- GOLD – Cinematography for Samsung titled “Every Day is Day One” – Production & Post-Production
- GOLD – Editing for Volkswagen titled “The People’s Film, 60 Years Together” – Production & Post-Production
George Patterson Y&R, Brisbane
- GOLD – Public Service/Social Welfare for Melanoma Patients Australia titled “Melanoma Likes Me” – Non-Traditional
- GOLD – Sound Design for Legacy titled “Letters of Gallipoli – War” – Radio & Audio
- GOLD – Sound Design for Curtin University titled “Women in Engineering” – Radio & Audio
- GOLD – Public Service/Social Welfare for Tuart and Canning Colleges titled “Jerk Pickles” – Radio & Audio
The Brand Agency, Perth
- GOLD – Public Service/Social Welfare Campaign for St John Ambulance WA titled “Not the Time – Bleeding”, “Not the Time – Diabetic”, “Not the Time – Burns” – Radio & Audio
- GOLD – Public Service/Social Welfare for St John Ambulance WA titled “Not the Time – Burns” – Radio & Audio
Okay, people. It’s time to take us seriously when we say that entries for B&T’s Best of the Best awards close this Friday! The day we’ve been warning you about for weeks is here, and it’s time to get your act together. Head on over HERE and start your submission. On-time entries for Best of the Best will be […]
Australian fashion brand Witchery has partnered with B Corp GlamCorner as part of GlamCorner’s subscription box offering as the demand for everyday essentials soars. This partnership marks another milestone for the Australian fashion industry towards becoming more circular and introducing more paths to reduce textile waste. Customers nationally will be able to rent more of […]
The media, marketing and creative industries are being encouraged to host their own ‘Curry Club for COVID’ before 30th June to help meet the ambitious $100k target set by its organisers. Curry Club for COVID, which was conceived by long-time adtech executive Peter Bray, sales director at Impact, and is powered by industry social purpose organisation […]
The UnLtd Cup is returning for its tenth consecutive year, marking a decade of soccer shenanigans that’s raised nearly $500,000 for children’s mental health charity, KidsXpress. On July 22-23rd, 28 teams from across the industry will battle it out on the soccer field in the two-day tournament at Sydney University Sports and Fitness Centre, Darlington. […]
Australian-bred company Ultra Commerce has acquired New Zealand-based company Vesta eCommerce, a global software business providing leading product data management solutions. The recent acquisition is a significant move for the business, which is Australian born, owned, and headquartered, but has built out a global presence as it pursues rapid growth in the eCommerce market. Connecting […]
Canteen’s latest campaign features the combined talents of Director Luna Laure and creative agency Crater. The campaign strives to raise awareness for young people affected by cancer. The awareness campaign centres around Harry Barentson, who at 12 years of age found out his pregnant mum had cancer. The campaign aims to bring awareness to Canteen’s […]
In partnership with storytelling agency Enthral, AFL star Kevin Sheedy has voiced a video ‘Love Letter to Victoria’ using visuals to showcase the state’s natural beauty and culture. Victoria has been hit with the worst of the coronavirus pandemic compared with any other Aussie state experiencing four lockdowns. Sheedy has partnered with Ethral to share […]
Telstra’s lower-cost telco, Belong, has awarded its strategy and creative account to Howatson + White, and has reappointed OMD to its media buying account, after a competitive pitch process. Howatson + White will handle strategy, planning, creative and CRM, while former agency Clemenger will continue to have a relationship with Belong, managing PR and retail activation. […]
Coca-Cola Australia has rolled out its new campaign ‘Turn Up Your Break’. The campaign will be led by a TVC that encourages people to truly pause with a Coke on their break so they can walk away feeling refreshed and uplifted. The TVC features two busy chefs stepping outside for a break, the bustling kitchen […]