Australia pulled some serious rank at the 30th London International Awards, taking out a solid 67 statues overall.
Leo Burnett Sydney was the most awarded Australian agency, racking up 23 awards including four gold, while its Melbourne arm scored six awards of the silver and bronze variety.
In addition to its four gold medals, the Sydney agency took home four silver and nine bronze. Eleven of its show haul – including three gold – were for its ‘Men Like Us’ campaign for Bundaberg Rum.
Now in its 30th year as one of the most prestigious global awards shows, the LIAs attracted entries from the world’s best creative agencies, with 14,106 submissions from 78 countries, and only seven per cent attaining Shortlist status.
A number of Aussie agencies showed the world who’s boss, and because our website would crash if we tried to upload every single one of them, we’ve got the gold winners right here:
Leo Burnett Sydney
- GOLD – WWF ‘JUST’ – Packaging Design: Eco Packaging
- GOLD – Bundaberg Rum ‘Men Like Us Like Brave’ – Radio & Audio: Original Music
- GOLD – Bundaberg Rum ‘Men Like Us Like Polar Bears – Radio & Audio: Original Music
- GOLD – Bundaberg Rum ‘Men Like Us Like Tasting – Radio & Audio: Original Music
- GOLD – Humour for Optus & Netflix Offer titled “Did Ricky Gervais Just Do That To Optus?” – TV/Cinema/Online Film
- GOLD – Cinematography for Samsung titled “Every Day is Day One” – Production & Post-Production
- GOLD – Editing for Volkswagen titled “The People’s Film, 60 Years Together” – Production & Post-Production
George Patterson Y&R, Brisbane
- GOLD – Public Service/Social Welfare for Melanoma Patients Australia titled “Melanoma Likes Me” – Non-Traditional
- GOLD – Sound Design for Legacy titled “Letters of Gallipoli – War” – Radio & Audio
- GOLD – Sound Design for Curtin University titled “Women in Engineering” – Radio & Audio
- GOLD – Public Service/Social Welfare for Tuart and Canning Colleges titled “Jerk Pickles” – Radio & Audio
The Brand Agency, Perth
- GOLD – Public Service/Social Welfare Campaign for St John Ambulance WA titled “Not the Time – Bleeding”, “Not the Time – Diabetic”, “Not the Time – Burns” – Radio & Audio
- GOLD – Public Service/Social Welfare for St John Ambulance WA titled “Not the Time – Burns” – Radio & Audio
Independent brand and digital agency, Archibald Williams (AW) has been appointed to lead the NBA account across the APAC region. The NBA is one of the most prestigious sporting leagues in the world and basketball is one of the fastest-growing sports in Australia. Effective immediately, AW said it was “excited” to work across all digital, […]
B&T's shining a light on industry folk prior to adland. Preference given to anyone purporting actual UFO abduction.
Leading digital outdoor company QMS has announced it is the first-ever inaugural partner for Most Contagious APAC, the landmark London event by creative and strategic intelligence company Contagious, which will be showcased in Australia on Tuesday, 12 December in Sydney and Wednesday, 13 December in Melbourne. Most Contagious is an event that delivers key advertising […]
Omnicom’s data and analytics division Annalect has partnered with Meta, giving it access to Advanced Analytics (AA) – one of Meta’s privacy-focused measurement solutions – to provide Omnicom’s clients with future-proof, next-level measurement. Omnicom is the first holding company to have access to AA. AA allows advertisers to combine their first-party data with Meta’s ads […]
WPP’s AKQA has launched Fixmas.gift, an environmentally conscious AI-powered DIY assistant, affectionately known as Fixie, for a one-stop solution for all things repair. Fixmas.gift hosts an array of guides and inspiration to empower people to prolong the lives of their belongings or purchase pre-owned items that need a little love and care. Fixie can: Help […]
Marc Collister (pictured) of P2 Content Creators spills the beans on his 2024 predictions drawing from two decades of experience in the advertising, film and television industry. I’m certain it will come as no surprise that in 2024, we can expect our industry to move at breakneck speed again. With even more rapid shifts in […]
Zeno Australia has announced expanded creative design capabilities and the appointment of Jim Michell (lead image) to its senior leadership team. The new moves support strong growth in the region. Zeno Australia’s clients, including Abano Healthcare, Motorola and Yorkshire Tea, can now tap into a suite of creative design services to augment the agency’s work […]
Assembled Media, is drawing upon the creative power of TikTok Creator Marketplace to help generate unique, impactful content for iconic stationery brand, BIC. The social activation campaign titled ‘A Pen for Every Side of You’ promotes the flexibility of BIC’s 4 Colours pen and is active nationwide on the BIC Stationery TikTok account. The campaign […]
Pinterest reckons jellyfish & moody cowboys will be big in 2024. Refused to be drawn on the return of shoulder pads.
IAB Australia has launched ‘Evolution in Market Mix Modelling’, the fourth module in its Marketing Measurement Innovation Series, which has been developed by IAB Australia’s Ad Effectiveness Council. The module explores what is driving the increased use of MMM and how the technique is evolving with advances in computing power and machine learning to provide […]
Scope3, the collaborative sustainability platform leading the decarbonisation of media and advertising, announced the addition of digital out-of-home (DOOH) to its emissions measurement. With DOOH ad spending predicted to grow from $17B in 2023 to nearly $24B by 2028, measuring this channel brings us one step closer to understanding the total impact of digital advertising […]
NRF 2024: Retail’s Big Show Asia Pacific, is now open for online registrations for the main conference. Jointly organized by the National Retail Federation and Comexposium, Retail’s Big Show Asia Pacific will take place from 11 – 13 June, 2024 at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre in Singapore and is expected to draw thousands […]