Sky News Australia has announced its primetime programming for 2022 with commentators Piers Morgan, Joe Hildebrand and Erin Molan joining the network.
Foxtel’s number one channel and Australia’s top news channel on social media for the second year running, Sky News Australia has unveiled new programs, documentaries and primetime programming schedules.
Though arguably the largest and most controversial coup for the network is the acquisition of Piers Morgan.
Morgan joins the Sky News Australia team exclusively in 2022 for his new primetime program.
The program will also air in the UK and US as part of a global News Corporation initiative.
Details of the Piers Morgan show will be announced in the coming weeks.
Other changes include Sky News business editor Ross Greenwood joining the weekday program line-up.
He will host Business Now with Ross Greenwood each Monday to Friday at 4:30 pm while continuing his ongoing role as host of Business Weekend on Sunday mornings.
Sky News has also welcomed popular homegrown Australian journalist and media personality Joe Hildebrand.
A successful jack of all trades in Australia’s media landscape, Hildebrand will now share his unique take on issues big and small each Friday at 8:30 pm with his new political quiz-style program The Blame Game.
Erin Molan will be playing a key role in programming as a Sky News Primetime Contributor and rating juggernaut Paul Murray will move to a new 8:00 pm Sunday-Thursday timeslot.
As the Australian Federal election looms in May, a team of political journalists including Kieran Gilbert, Andrew Clennell, Laura Jayes, Ashleigh Gillon, Tom Connell and Peter Stefanovic will bring viewers every moment that unfolds as leaders hit the campaign trail.
Sky will also cover debates in marginal seats throughout the country which will be hosted by the Sky News political team.
Paul Whittaker, Sky News Australia, CEO, said, “There are big plans for Sky News in 2022 as our team work to bring our viewers the most comprehensive coverage and insightful debate on the news and issues that matter most.”
Sky News Programming Schedule
(From 23 January)
- First Edition with Peter Stefanovic, weekdays at 5:30 am, returns 24 January
- AM Agenda with Laura Jayes, weekdays at 9:00 am, returns 24 January
- NewsDay with Tom Connell, Monday & Friday from 11:00am – 2:00pm, Tuesday – Thursday from 11:00am – 12:00pm, returns 24 January
- NewsDay with Ashleigh Gillon, Tuesday – Thursday from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm, returns 24 January
- Afternoon Agenda with Kieran Gilbert, and featuring Andrew Clennell, Monday – Thursday at 2:00 pm, returns 24 January
- Business Now with Ross Greenwood, weekdays at 4:30 pm, premieres 31 January
- The Kenny Report with Chris Kenny, weeknights at 5:00 pm, returns 24 January
- Peta Credlin with Peta Credlin, weeknights at 6:00 pm, returns 31 January
- The Bolt Report with Andrew Bolt, Monday – Thursday at 7:00 pm, returns 31 January
- Paul Murray Live with Paul Murray, Sunday – Thursday at 8:00 pm, returns 23 January
- The Front Page with Jenna Clarke, Monday – Thursday at 10:30 pm, returns 24 January
- The Rita Panahi Show with Rita Panahi, Monday – Thursday at 9:30 pm, premieres 24 January
- Bernardi with Cory Bernardi, Fridays at 7:00 pm, returns 28 January
- The Media Showwith Jack Houghton, Friday at 8:00 pm, returns 28 January
- The Blame Game with Joe Hildebrand, Friday at 8:30 pm, premieres 28 January
- Hardgrave with Gary Hardgrave, Friday at 9:00 pm, returns 28 January
- Weekend Edition with Jaynie Seal and Tim Gilbert, Saturday & Sunday from 6:00 am
- Sunday Agenda with Kieran Gilbert and Andrew Clennell, Sunday at 8:00 am, returns 30 January
- Outsiders with Rowan Dean, Rita Panahi and James Morrow, Sunday at 9:00 am, returns 23 January
- Business Weekend with Ross Greenwood, Sunday at 11:00 am, returns 6 February
- Chris Smith Tonight with Chris Smith, Sunday at 6:00 pm, returns 23 January
- Sharri with Sharri Markson, Sunday at 7:00 pm, returns 23 January
Global media network Eastern Standard Times had their official launch event on Thursday (23/6) night at the Lucky Kwong restaurant in Sydney’s South Eveleigh, with the focus being placed on how this platform will provide Asian communities in Australia with a greater insight on what they need to know. Editor-in-chief Keshia Hannam, who served as […]
ACT Responsible celebrated 4 Champions for Good from the agency, advertiser, NGO and public sectors who have made an impact in the social and environmental areas and helped improve the world through personal contributions or creative campaigns. “It is not an Award. There is no competition and there is no winner. The goal of this […]
On the third day of the 2022 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, the “Unfiltered History Tour” campaign by VICE Media walked away with yet another Grand Prix, this time in the Social & Influencer Lions. The campaign, which was held in partnership with the British Museum by the Dentsu Creative teams of Mumbai, Bengaluru […]