Video cloud service provider Brightcove has announced a number of new enhancements to its offering, along with a couple of new collaborations, at its PLAY event in Boston.
Among them is the beta availability of Context Aware Encoding, a new video compression technology that lowers the total cost of ownership and improves video quality.
Context Aware Encoding uses machine learning and deep video analysis to achieve optimum quality for each video with the fewest bits necessary.
This patent-pending approach to transcoding enables Brightcove customers to maximise visual quality while reducing storage and delivery bandwidth requirements by up to 50 per cent.
Brightcove has also announced an exclusive integration of review-and-approval platform Wipster, which designed to give users of both platforms the freedom of one-click publishing direct from Wipster to Brightcove, allowing for seamless cloud delivery of video content.
Furthermore, Brightcove has introduced its Enterprise Video Initiative, a combination of innovative functionality and key partnerships that extends Brightcove’s existing platform to help corporate communications, human resources, training and partner enablement groups deliver the benefits of online video to internal audiences.
The company has extended its cloud video platform with new functionality that includes:
- In-Page Experiences, a template-driven capability that makes it easy for any business user to create engaging video experiences in a variety of formats, with links to other content, a wide range of calls to action and interactive elements that can automatically change both the flow and the content before, during, or after the initial video playback.
- Brightcove Live, which simplifies the use of live streaming for internal events such as town halls and customer forums, and to create VOD assets that extend the value after the event.
- Audience Profiles, which captures and analyses individual video viewing data to guide business decisions.
- Single Sign-On (SSO), which enables IT organisations to integrate Video Cloud into their federated identity management systems, enabling centralised control of access.
- New partnerships and integrations with enterprise CDN offerings from Hive Streaming, Ramp and Streamroot, which enable more efficient, higher quality, secure streaming of video content behind the firewall.
Australian owned and operated email and SMS marketing software company, Vision6, announced the launch of its first-ever national brand campaign and new brand platform “Simply Reliable”. Founded in 2001, Vision6 was one of the first email marketing software providers in Australia and has since been relied upon by thousands of Aussie businesses and organisations for […]
Out-of-Home media company JCDecaux New Zealand has appointed business growth specialist Adam McGregor in preparation for its bid to win upcoming local government street furniture tenders across the country. With contracts for the provision of street furniture including bus shelters across New Zealand up for renewal from late 2022, they collectively represent the biggest advertising […]
Fetch TV has announced that ABC iview will soon be available as a dedicated Virtual Playlist Channel on the Fetch platform. Virtual Playlist Channels (VPCs) were developed by Fetch to promote content discovery, and to provide a clear bridge between the traditional world of linear TV and the growing availability of on demand content via […]
Jackie Gillies, businesswoman, psychic medium and cast member of The Real Housewives of Melbourne is bringing her sassy, inspirational and adventurous spirit to her new podcast Shine It Up, With Jackie Gillies, which launches today via Acast. Hosted and distributed by the creator-first podcast company Acast, the show will offer listeners inspiration and motivation to […]
Crowdsourcing platforms DesignCrowd and BrandCrowd are promoting vaccination efforts in a unique way, launching a logo redesign contest among their networks of designers. The initiative saw iconic Australian brands such as Hungry Jack’s, Jetstar, JB Hi-Fi, and Bunnings undergo a redesign. “We thought it would be fun to see some other iconic Australian brands back […]
Jillian Davison has been named editor-in-chief of the recently relaunched Harper’s BAZAAR Australia. She will oversee all content, development and creative direction across the iconic magazine’s digital and brand platforms. Davison (pictured) succeeds Eugenie Kelly, who recently stepped down to pursue other opportunities. The announcement was made by Maureen Jordan, publisher of Harper’s BAZAAR Australia […]
Freedom Foods and 72andSunny Sydney have launched the first advertising campaign for Australia’s Own range of plant-based beverages. The campaign introduces a new visual world and identity for the brand and captures the healthy, positive feeling you get when spending time in nature and when consuming Australia’s Own certified-organic, plant-based beverages. As well as featuring […]