Sad all the coverage from B&T Women in Media Awards is done and dusted? Ha! Gotcha. Think again – we’re not nearly done celebrating all the incredible women across the media industry – especially our winners.
We decided to play a quick game of ’20 Questions With’ each of our award recipients.
Today we asked the founder of The Uninvisibilty Project’s Jane Evans about where she keeps her shiny trophy, what makes her mad, her industry hero and 17 more questions! Jane was awarded the prestigious Lifetime Achievement award.
20 Questions with jane evans
1. Best thing about winning a B&T Women In Media Award?
Being voted by the women who have always followed my career – even at my most invisible.
2. Where’s your trophy?
Still in my suitcase I’ve only just landed back in London.
3. How many trophies do you now have in your trophy cabinet?
Just this one. The agencies I worked for kept the trophies. I do have a box of certificates in the garage somewhere though.
4. One thing you’d do to change your industry for the better?
Have more highly experienced creative women making ads for the women who actually buy the stuff.
5. What makes you mad?
How many highly-experienced senior creative women are emotionally damaged by multiple gag orders and how the industry has allowed this to go on for so long.
6. What makes you happy?
How many amazing highly-experienced creative women there are and they’re all at the height of their couldn’t give a fuckery!
7. How would colleagues describe you?
The favourite I heard was “surprisingly lovely.”
8. How would you describe your colleagues?
An army of feisty mid-life ladies.
9. Favourite industry hero?
10. Your one career regret?
None. Everything that looked like a disastrous decision turned into a valuable lesson or a golden opportunity.
11. Your biggest career tip?
You can have it all – just not all at once. Pace yourself it’s a marathon, not a sprint
12. Best stress reliever?
A long walk.
13. Dream holiday destination?
Cable beach when it’s the staircase to the moon.
14. The one book you’d recommend?
Business as Unusual by Anita Roddick
15. If you weren’t doing this what would you be doing?
Something very similar.
16. Where will you be in 10 years’ time?
Riding a Harley through London toying with all the driverless cars.
17. The one technology you just don’t understand?
I don’t understand why digital natives think the generation who saw the birth of tech don’t understand it.
18. Your most embarrassing media addiction?
The side bar of doom on the Mail Online.
19. Go-to karaoke song?
Me and Mrs Jones Billy Paul.
20. Do you replace the milk in the staff fridge?
Um, yes. I work from home and have teenage daughters!