We’re a week in to the Women in Media People’s Choice voting, and we’ve already nabbed over 3000 votes! Clearly, the industry is a fan of voting for the most popular women in the business, and today we can reveal the first peek at what the list looks like so far.
As of 11.30am this morning, we have a clear frontrunner with Tina Walsberger from Sydney Festival, entered in the Marketing category, carrying hundreds of votes already.
But GroupM’s Venessa Hunt, entered in the Technology category, is right on her tail so watch this space.
But it’s not over yet – not even close – and you still have until August 5 at 5pm to get your votes in!
Remember, while the list is split into categories, you only need to vote for your one preferred person before hitting ‘Done’. Or you can vote for a few ladies across the various categories, but the overall winner will be the person who receives the most votes.
Here’s your top 10 as of 11.30am today:
- Tina Walsberger – Sydney Festival – Marketing category
- Venessa Hunt – GroupM – Technology category
- Susannah George – The Urban List Group – Digital category
- Zoe May – Maxus Communications (Sydney) – Strategy category
- Maxus Communications – Employer category
- Katy Websdell – Maxus Communications – Mentor category
- Shivani Maharaj – Maxus Communications – Media category
- Elle Bullen – Clemenger BBDO Melbourne – Creative category
- Ali Krzyszton – Bauer Media – Community/Pro Bono category
- Donna Hay – Donna Hay Pty Ltd – Journalist/Producer category
It’s a tight race and any number of votes could change who takes the lead, and who steadily climbs the ladder, so make sure you get your votes in ASAP! Vote here!
And if you want to see who you hope will be the People’s Choice winner, make sure you grab some tickets to the evening. The Awards will be held on August 19 at Royal Randwick Racecourse in Sydney, following our inaugural daytime Women in Media forum.
As always, thank you to all our wonderful sponsors!
Jacqueline Gonzales [featured image] is the Head of Global Marketing at Squarespace. In this piece, she shares her best pieces of advice for launching a campaign globally. It’s estimated that we see between 6,000 to 10,000 ads every single day. In today’s digital landscape we’re constantly bombarded by so many different brand messages from every […]
From the audio producer of The Teacher’s Pet comes The Elements, a new Acast Creator Network podcast hosted by Thredbo survivor Stuart Diver. The Elements is a podcast that journeys into the heart of surviving a natural disaster and will be hosted and distributed by the creator-first podcast company Acast as part of the Acast Creator […]